Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Who Loves Hommus?

1 - 10 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Bondi Tom Bondi Tom WA Posts: 79
1 18 Sep 2012
A mate and I have just started a new blog. If you enjoy hommus, check it out. We're going to be updating it with some hommus recipes soon, and some more reviews. We're trying to do a mix of  freshly made hommus along with mass produced/super-market hommus (that everyone can get there hands on).

http://thehommusdiaries.blogspot.com.au/
ReplyQuote

Vegan all the way Vegan all the way WA Posts: 44
2 18 Sep 2012
I love hommus!!

Will your hommus be vegan-friendly?

Good to know that you are based in WA too!

Please keep us posted.
ReplyQuote

3 18 Sep 2012
Vegan all the way said:
I love hommus!!

Will your hommus be vegan-friendly?

Good to know that you are based in WA too!

Please keep us posted.
Yes all of our hommus that's reviewed will be vegan as we're both vegans.
I'll be posting up a few more reviews in the next couple of weeks. Also if you have any recommendations on hommus to try, let us know.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
4 18 Sep 2012
I have an awesome hommus recipe, would you like me to share it? wink
ReplyQuote

5 18 Sep 2012
4_da_animals1 said:
I have an awesome hommus recipe, would you like me to share it? wink
Of course. And I'll make it when I'm home and give it a review.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
6 18 Sep 2012
Luuuub hommus. happy love
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
7 18 Sep 2012
Maybe you could compare low fat versions to full fat and put calories per the same serve size .. kind of a health vs taste comparison??? If that isn't too hard tongue

My fiance eats lots of hommus types but he isn't vegan so I'll have to check what he eats and if it is vegan or not. I think he had Yumi's ? brand last time.

I love review blogs haha ecstatic
ReplyQuote

8 18 Sep 2012
Tanyaka said:
Maybe you could compare low fat versions to full fat and put calories per the same serve size .. kind of a health vs taste comparison??? If that isn't too hard tongue

My fiance eats lots of hommus types but he isn't vegan so I'll have to check what he eats and if it is vegan or not. I think he had Yumi's ? brand last time.

I love review blogs haha ecstatic
We could do a calories per serving size, comparison for you on some low fat versions...but too be honest I wouldn't mind if hommus was 60% fat, it's too delicious and i'm not too fussed about a calorie count ha.
Although, we will definitely review some low fat versions for you. and give them a rating.
You'll also find that most hommus you buy will be vegan, if it's not then they are doing it wrong.
ReplyQuote

Vegan-Lisa Vegan-Lisa SA Posts: 164
9 18 Sep 2012
Hommus is AMAZING!! Love love love
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
10 19 Sep 2012
I'd recommend the hommus from Ankara Kebabs on Beaufort St, next door to the Inglewood Hotel.

I bought a kebab from a place on Canning Hwy once, and when the guy asked what sauce I wanted, I said "hommus, please". He refused to put it on, saying it was a dip, not a sauce!! So I said, "YOU'RE a dip!" and stormed out of there.

That last bit isn't true, but I wish it was. I just got tomato sauce instead. That was about 6 years ago, and I'm still bitter. You're the hommus expert BondiTom: who was right in that situation?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).