Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Goodbye Unleashed!

......only for like 5 months :(

1 - 5 of 5 posts

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
1 22 Sep 2012
I'm typing this at my friends house....LUCKY...but our internet (because we live in the country..hard to get wifi out there) totally stuffed up, they said 5 months they are like re building something out there....that SUCKS...5 months without internet!
I wont have any time to go friends houses with my horse riding school,sports, homework, and we're going on a big holiday for 3 months.
My parents said we all need a ban from internet for 5 months until they are done.
That sucks!!
But we're going to be super busy.
Bummer! No more unleashed... cry
I go home in like an hour.
I'll come back on next year. Im going to miss out on so much.  beaverhug
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
2 22 Sep 2012
I once went 15 years without Internet. Then 1997 came along, and my oldies bought a brand new Pentium computer with 16mb RAM and it came with an external 36kb modem. I had to ask my IT teacher at school how to use Internet Explorer and she taught me how to enter URLs and jump on to the Yahoo search engine.

If you wanted to have a sneaky late-night session on the chatrooms you had to wrap the modem up in a bunch of towels so it didn't wake anyone up with those awful noises they made... and it took about 20 minutes to download one song if you were really lucky.

It's amazing to think that in the 15 years that have passed since then, technology has developed so much that now my phone has 1gb of RAM and we bitch and complain about anything downloading at less than 100kbps.

Go old school and read up ad nauseam while you're having your Intertubes reprieve, and we'll see you next year!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
3 22 Sep 2012
Aww! See you later!  bye
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
4 22 Sep 2012
Glen said:
I once went 15 years without Internet. Then 1997 came along, and my oldies bought a brand new Pentium computer with 16mb RAM and it came with an external 36kb modem. I had to ask my IT teacher at school how to use Internet Explorer and she taught me how to enter URLs and jump on to the Yahoo search engine.

If you wanted to have a sneaky late-night session on the chatrooms you had to wrap the modem up in a bunch of towels so it didn't wake anyone up with those awful noises they made... and it took about 20 minutes to download one song if you were really lucky.

It's amazing to think that in the 15 years that have passed since then, technology has developed so much that now my phone has 1gb of RAM and we bitch and complain about anything downloading at less than 100kbps.

Go old school and read up ad nauseam while you're having your Intertubes reprieve, and we'll see you next year!
lol, i remember i was in primary school, and they installed the internets.
Each kid got one turn with the "computer expert" to look up a topic we were interested in.
I remember most of us came away thinking, "wow, the internet really sucks"

I also remember looking through all the Windows folders for midi files and stuff. That was actually more fun than half the stuff on the internet.
MS paint was, and still remains pretty damn cool
ReplyQuote

IndiGirl IndiGirl QLD Posts: 35
5 22 Sep 2012
I was first shown the internet back around 1992, I remember wondering what the hell all the interest was about.  It has definitely come along way since those days.

Ally, keep busy, remember to enjoy your life and when you have the internet again, come back.  See you in about 5 months.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au