Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Doorknockers.....ARGH!

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Vegetation Vegetation NSW Posts: 349
1 8 Nov 2009
I just want to whinge. I hate doorknockers! Stupid Telstra knocked on my door last night.....at dinner time. I'd been out all day, stressed out of my head because my husband had been admitted to the emergency department of a hosptial 3 hours away, it was SATURDAY evening and did I mention it was dinnertime?!?!?!

He suggested that he could save me money on my internet and phone bill. Well, he could....a whole $4 a month.

Oh and did I mention it was dinnertime?!?!!?!?!

(lol, thanks for listening!)
ReplyQuote

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
2 8 Nov 2009
i hate that but we live in a granny flat so we dont get door knockers but we get the phone calls and its always just as im trying to get charlotte to sleep and it wakes her up!

i hope everything is ok now
happy
ReplyQuote

MerlinLemon MerlinLemon VIC Posts: 291
3 8 Nov 2009
its like those fone calls from over-seas that call up at dinertime. it really annoying. feel sorry for you, we live in de country so people can't be bothered coming down.
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
5 8 Nov 2009
I don't get many doorknockers cos i pull my hatchet on them.

though the guy across the road pulled a gun on a cancel worker for cutting his trees.
ReplyQuote

MothWings MothWings NSW Posts: 102
6 8 Nov 2009
Majorly hate doorknockers. Last time they came the old dog went into a 'fit', she collapsed and started breathing fast and you could see she was panicking.

Also add that I hate religious doorknockers who try to force crap on you
ReplyQuote

7 8 Nov 2009
I screen all our phone calls (yep, I'm THAT person) so I don't have to talk to those "would you like a free mobile phone for $100 a month" people that call at dinner, but the front door is kind of hard to ignore when you have kids being noisy in the house!

We used to get the odd one in Canberra, but here I think we probably get a few every month! It's insane!

And somehow I've managed to attract some local Jehovis Witness people. They're lovely, but I think they think they can convert me and my kids and they knock every couple of Saturdays to hand me more stuff. I don't quite know how to tell them I'm not interested so I just keep saying I'm on my way somewhere (but they still talk to me for 20 minutes!)
ReplyQuote

8 8 Nov 2009
Frenzal Bop said:
though the guy across the road pulled a gun on a cancel worker for cutting his trees.
Wow. That's scary!

I get annoyed because the guy who checks the electricity meter keeps opening our side gate and then just leaving it flapping in the wind. I never notice until it's 2am and windy and there's an almighty racket coming from outside  furious If he knocked and asked I'd happily let him in through the OTHER gate....the one that ISN'T locked!
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
9 8 Nov 2009
Vegetation said:
Frenzal Bop said:
Wow. That's scary!

I get annoyed because the guy who checks the electricity meter keeps opening our side gate and then just leaving it flapping in the wind. I never notice until it's 2am and windy and there's an almighty racket coming from outside  furious If he knocked and asked I'd happily let him in through the OTHER gate....the one that ISN'T locked!
hes a psycho.

i get those electricity guys as well. they piss me off.
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
10 8 Nov 2009
MothWings said:
Also add that I hate religious doorknockers who try to force crap on you
haha, lol. One time when i was waiting at the station there was this group of people trying to convince everyone that there was no such thing as evolution?? They even had flyers and everything.
My friend was like "what came first, the dinosuars or jesus?"

laugh
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au