Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

buying pups

11 - 13 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

rubi rubi NSW Posts: 6
11 10 Oct 2012
All puppy breeding should be banned for at least the next 10 years. His/her mother will be glad  to get rid of it...she will be exhausted and drained. Taking on a puppy is a huge responsibility and if you work full time it is cruel if the puppy is alone all day....
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
12 10 Oct 2012
rubi said:
All puppy breeding should be banned for at least the next 10 years. His/her mother will be glad  to get rid of it...she will be exhausted and drained. Taking on a puppy is a huge responsibility and if you work full time it is cruel if the puppy is alone all day....
Not all breeders breed their dogs every season, you're talking about puppy farmers and mills which even "reputable" breeders disagree with.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
13 10 Oct 2012
Getting a pup is a huge responsibility, Duke is our second dog and we got him when he was 10 weeks old from a reputable breeder. We had to go on a list and wait for approx 5 months. The owner made sure she had enough people ( 5 ) so that when the pups where born there would be homes already arranged for them.

Some of the  conditions of getting a pup from the breeder where;
1) I had to have over 10 years experience with handling St.Bernards.
2) I must desex Duke at 6 months.
3) If there is any problems with him i could send him back within the first 5 months of owning him.

I also had to sign a contract to ensure i understood and would do all the things mentioned in the terms and conditions of getting the pup, if i broke the contract she could take the dog and re-home him. I also had to prove to her that i have owned a St.Bernard and have had experience with them - I send her video footage of our old girl who we got from a St.Bernard rescue about 11 years ago, in the video i showed that i could handle large dogs, where duke would be living, the condition of the other animals and what duke would be eating. She approved us and every 3 months she emails me asking for videos and photos of him. We got Duke about 15 months ago and she only breeds every 20 - 24 months.

if i got to choose  another dog  my choice would of been a ex racing greyhound but it was dads choice and he loves St.Bernards, we contacted every St.bernard Rescue in Australia and there was no St.Bernards available ( which i guess is a good thing )

But all my other animals ( Sheep, pig, cows, chooks, rabbits, ferret and cats )  are rescues happy
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au