Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Creating a Perth Activism Group

Is anyone interested?

1 - 4 of 4 posts

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
1 26 Oct 2012
I originally added this to an old thread, but I think it warrants a new one.

I would love to develop an animal rights group here in Perth for people who, like me, would like to get more active, but don't really feel comfortable doing it alone. Somewhere where we can keep each other up-to-date on protests, campaigns, pettitions, and maybe one day even organise some of our own.

I've never done anything like this before, but I'd like to give it a shot. If anyone in WA is interested, let me know. I'd like to start by getting a group of interested vegetarians and vegans together for dinner at a vegan restaurant so we can talk about what we'd all like to get out of an activist group and what we'd all like to achieve, maybe get some real direction. If nothing else, it would be a great opportunity to network with like-minded people and make some friends with other vegetarians and vegans in a state where that's a pretty rare find.

So, anyone game?
ReplyQuote

Rowan011 Rowan011 WA Posts: 92
2 26 Oct 2012
Great Idea,

Not trying to promote my group in anyway other than we usually get together and it is a great way to meet like minded people and discuss relevant WA animal protection issues.

We are also having a social lunch in December and you are welcome to come.

The group is called Keep Talking and you can find us on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/KeepTalkingAustralia
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
3 26 Oct 2012
Oh, cool. I had no idea this existed. Thanks.
ReplyQuote

Murray Pearce Murray Pearce WA Posts: 1
4 7 Nov 2012
Hi there I live in Perth I like your idea and would like to start making contacts with people who are interested in these issues aswell. Ive been interested in animal welfare for a couple of years now and want to get more involved after seeing the animals killed in pakistan recently.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au