Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

having trouble finding a nice vegan foundation, help :(

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

lucidity lucidity SA Posts: 54
1 29 Oct 2012
I currently use the 'fit me' liquid foundation by maybelline and nothing vegan that I have tried so far compares. i bought the natural skin foundation by natio the other day and it's so horribly orange and thin and hard to blend. any suggestions for a specific product that covers nicely and blends well with skin? Also not much over $20. I feel like I'll never find one cry also I've looked through the makeup forums and everything other than natio was a little too expensive.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 29 Oct 2012
I use young blood liquid foundation and mineral foundation and it has amazing coverage and looks and feels natural. I share the makeup between my 16 year old sister and it has lasted approx 5-6 months, considering we use it everyday for school and work happy

It costs $70 for the liquid and $50 for the mineral and its vegan and lasts forever!!! I would highly recommend it ecstatic
ReplyQuote

3 29 Oct 2012
OinkMoo said:
I use young blood liquid foundation and mineral foundation and it has amazing coverage and looks and feels natural. I share the makeup between my 16 year old sister and it has lasted approx 5-6 months, considering we use it everyday for school and work happy

It costs $70 for the liquid and $50 for the mineral and its vegan and lasts forever!!! I would highly recommend it ecstatic
oh that lasts forever! so far out of my price range but if it's going to give me half a year's use out of it... are you aware of any physical stores that stock it? I've already bought two foundations that I'm going to have to chuck so I don't want to risk any more mistakes, especially at that price  laugh
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
4 29 Oct 2012
I like Nude by Nature mineral foundation. It's a little pricey but if you wait for a good sale you could get it for $20. I can't even remember when I bought mine... a couple of years ago maybe so it was worth the $40 I paid. I would have spent well well over that by now if I'd gotten anything else.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
5 29 Oct 2012
Do you need full coverage? If you have a Lush near you, go in and get the staff to show you the colour supplements. They are "sort of" foundations that you can either apply on their own or mix a little with your moisturiser and apply for a more sheer coverage. They are better for your skin than mineral makeup., and I'm though I'm quite pale I find they don't turn orange on me.

Always remember the less foundation you use on your skin the better!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 29 Oct 2012
Inika mineral foundation. It has very good coverage, is light on your skin and doesn't even feel like you're wearing makeup.
It is a little pricey, but makeup is worth spending a little extra money on for a good quality product, especially if you wear it regularly.
I bought this pack at Christmas last year http://inika.com.au/face-in-a-box-makeup-special-offer-from-inika
I wear make up maybe averaging once a week, and there is still heaps left. A little goes a long way.
ReplyQuote

the_ether the_ether QLD Posts: 35
7 29 Oct 2012
lucidity said:
I currently use the 'fit me' liquid foundation by maybelline and nothing vegan that I have tried so far compares. i bought the natural skin foundation by natio the other day and it's so horribly orange and thin and hard to blend. any suggestions for a specific product that covers nicely and blends well with skin? Also not much over $20. I feel like I'll never find one cry also I've looked through the makeup forums and everything other than natio was a little too expensive.
I love Natio's mineral powder, but the liquid one is so chalky sad

Has anyone tried e.l.f foundations?
ReplyQuote

8 29 Oct 2012
thanks for the help everyone happy I've heard good things about lush but travelling into the CBD is such a hassle for someone as lazy as me, next time I get a chance I'll definitely head in there. I used to get away with a tinted moisturiser but my skin has gradually gotten worse, probably from not washing make up off, so I feel far too self conscious not to have full coverage. nude by nature looks really appealing! I also found a brand called innoxa which I can buy from myers which is super convenient. has anybody had any experience with them before I go and waste my time? I'm not really a makeup person so $30 bucks is already pushing it, but worth it if it's cruelty free.
ReplyQuote

9 29 Oct 2012
the_ether said:
lucidity said:
I love Natio's mineral powder, but the liquid one is so chalky sad

Has anyone tried e.l.f foundations?
I read reviews that even the powder is really orange, though some people loved it! I feel like giving up on natio though. I might still go in and actually try a couple of testers of other liquids and powders
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
10 29 Oct 2012
This is a good website where you can read reviews of products before you buy them happy
http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/brands/1054-Innoxa

But remember everyones skin type is different, so a foundation that works great on someone may be terrible on someone else.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au