Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Illegal slaughterhouse found in Melbourne

Dogs, goats, sheep, reptiles, emus etc...

1 - 2 of 2 posts

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
1 2 Nov 2012
An old article, but disturbing nonthelsss.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/alleged-illegal-slaughterhouse-found-20120202-1qujg.html

The man said most of the dogs were sourced from people who advetised their dogs as "free to good home". Which is an important reminder that if you or somebody you know has to re-home an animal, it is important to have an adoption fee to deter people like this. Also yard checks are a good idea too.
ReplyQuote

NickM NickM NSW Posts: 71
2 3 Nov 2012
Vegesaurus said:
An old article, but disturbing nonthelsss.
http://www.smh.com.au/environment/animals/alleged-illegal-slaughterhouse-found-20120202-1qujg.html

The man said most of the dogs were sourced from people who advetised their dogs as "free to good home". Which is an important reminder that if you or somebody you know has to re-home an animal, it is important to have an adoption fee to deter people like this. Also yard checks are a good idea too.
I totally agree. But better yet we need to keep supporting campaigns that deter people from getting pets they cannot look after (or better yet, in my opinion deter pet ownership- based on the grounds that if we treat animals as property, we are likely to consider 'disposal' methods if we find ourselves in hardship etc).

I really need to get familiar with the legislation regarding what's a 'consumable animal' ..talk about an arbitrary line! So horses and dogs aren't? Why? Because they are soft and cuddly?..Well that rules out horses.. Obviously this law isn't based on any sound reason. It's still in favour of speciesism. If we can recognise the rights of woman and those of colour, how is this distinction any different?

Can't wait for the day when meat eaters are the minority and we can embrace compassion.
clap
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au