Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Melbourne cup video!! please share!!

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

rhi jenkins rhi jenkins TAS Posts: 82
1 4 Nov 2012
There is only 2 DAYS LEFT UNTILL THE MELBOURNE CUP!!! i know that many people on this forum may not be against horseracing but i really want to change some peoples minds in the short amount of time we have left untill the race. I put together this short video about the melbourne cup with footage that i got from the horse sales where many racehorses are dumped and go for both pet meat and human consumption. PLEASE if you can share this video, SO many people dont know that there is a dark side to the racing industry, and if this video can change at least one persons mind then it is well worth while. ecstatic
p.s sorry for the dodgy quality of the video, i was in a bit of a rush xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUeWQ7uGlkU
ReplyQuote

NickM NickM NSW Posts: 71
2 4 Nov 2012
Good video. Great message. I'll be posting on fb.

I'd love to meet some Melbourne Cup activists. How gutsy they must be. It's such an ingrained part of Australian culture, it seems so daunting to challenge it.
ReplyQuote

3 4 Nov 2012
NickM said:
Good video. Great message. I'll be posting on fb.

I'd love to meet some Melbourne Cup activists. How gutsy they must be. It's such an ingrained part of Australian culture, it seems so daunting to challenge it.
thankyou Nick!! thats awesome!! and so would I! there is a picnic rally thing that is being held, and its organised by horse racing kills/ban jumps racing, i wish i could be there but i live in Tassie sad
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 4 Nov 2012
I think I can confidently say that the majority of people on this forum are very much against horse racing. I'm getting so angry I can hardly contain myself. I'll probably have to be sedated on Tuesday! 40,000 horses dead in one single year, I can hardly believe it.

I think you did a wonderful job with your video, it was heart breaking. However, I noticed on the right hand side of the page, a lot of 'pro' Melbourne Cup videos came up. You should post your video as a video response to them.

Keep up the good work!
ReplyQuote

5 4 Nov 2012
Maggie said:
I think I can confidently say that the majority of people on this forum are very much against horse racing. I'm getting so angry I can hardly contain myself. I'll probably have to be sedated on Tuesday! 40,000 horses dead in one single year, I can hardly believe it.

I think you did a wonderful job with your video, it was heart breaking. However, I noticed on the right hand side of the page, a lot of 'pro' Melbourne Cup videos came up. You should post your video as a video response to them.

Keep up the good work!
i know! and its awesome but i posted something about horse racing a while ago and a couple of people were offended and there was a big argument, so i just though i should put that in happy i am so angry too maggie!! i HATE it so much!! and everytime i hear an add on the radio, or see one on TV i can hardly contain myself. I just cant cope with the fact that everyone see's it as a celebration, when its really horrific behind the scenes...people just dont want to hear it when you tell them!! i wish i could be in Melbourne on the day and stand outside the races with a HUGGEEE poster and a microphone showing what really happens to the horses after the race, but i would most likely be arrested or something ridiculous because everyone is so proud of the disgusting race sad  and awesome idea!! ill do that!! happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
6 4 Nov 2012
Great video Rhi happy I find it hard to contain my emotions when I see or hear advertisements for the Melbourne Cup - even worse my mum is going out with friends to watch and bet on the race, even though she is well aware of what happens to the horses but she won't change her mind. If I ever say anything about racing she just shuts me out, it's really frustrating. I dread Melbourne cup ever year.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
7 5 Nov 2012
The 'big day' tomorrow. sad I already feel sick, just at the thought of it!
ReplyQuote

lucidity lucidity SA Posts: 54
8 5 Nov 2012
Maggie said:
I am very glad I don't have to work during the day, but I bet when my evening shift starts the punters will still be there  sad
ReplyQuote

9 5 Nov 2012
Maggie said:
So do I!! sad
ReplyQuote

Naomi4animals Naomi4animals VIC Posts: 19
10 5 Nov 2012
Anyone wanna try to spread the word about it, i'm up to it if others are preffer to have more than 2 people just because there are heaps of people and drunks everywhere

if ur up for it reply so we could work out something fast happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au