Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Pakistan Live export disaster!!

1 - 9 of 9 posts

rhi jenkins rhi jenkins TAS Posts: 82
1 5 Nov 2012
Who watched the four corners report tonight?! its absolutely disgusting!! and the fact that Joe Ludwig cant even answer simple questions about the incident, or even the safety of the animals once they reach their destination is disgraceful!!! so angry right now!! this cruelty is SO unnecissary!!!! makes me sick!!
ReplyQuote

Riss Riss VIC Posts: 6
2 5 Nov 2012
I know... It's so frustrating. But hopefully if we keep incessantly writing letters to our politicians, help to spread awareness and just kick up a fuss, we will get a permanent ban happening. The last time Four Corners ventured into this horrific world of live export, it had the public so outraged, the export trade had to be suspended. So let's keep tweeting, keep the topic trending nationwide, and bug the hell out of our politicians so they will be forced to do something about this!!!
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 5 Nov 2012
Can someone please throw Joe Ludwig off a tall building! What a bloody idiot! If he said the word 'again' one more time I think I would have gone absolutely mad! It's more than obvious that he doesn't give a flying f**k about those sheep. This sort of stuff could be happening on a daily basis, and he wouldn't lose any sleep over it. He's a disgusting creature!!

Joe Ludwig aside, I am absolutely appalled in regard to the way those poor sheep were treated. It is more than obvious that, as soon as the animals get off the export ship, their fate is out of Australian hands. The industry needs to end. It is the only way we can ensure that Australian animals do not die horrific deaths such as the deaths that these sheep endured. I wonder, how many gruesome deaths have other animals suffered, of which we know nothing about! It's a dirty trade, built on secrecy, lies and ignorance!

Edit: Here is the link to the programme, for anyone who didn't get to watch it on TV. I am not sure how long the link is valid for, so watch as soon as possible. http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2012/11/02/3623727.htm
ReplyQuote

Ashlyn Ashlyn WA Posts: 104
4 5 Nov 2012
I heard about this issue ages ago, but didnt want to know too much as obviously its very upsetting..
I just watched the program and broke down in tears, which is not a nice feeling when you start having suicidal thoughts and thoughts of seriously contemplating murder of all meat eaters.. what a disgusting world we live in.
ReplyQuote

5 6 Nov 2012
heres the email for Ludwig, lets tell him how disgusted we are !!    
ReplyQuote

NickM NickM NSW Posts: 71
6 6 Nov 2012
Thanks for the email address, Rhi.

As disastrous as this situation is and how frrustrated we are, we have to remember to keep calm, and make a clear and deliberate message. Inciting violence will not help our cause,
it will only slow momentum.

Wield the pen or tap the keyboard... No throwing people off buildings. If we resort to violence we are no better than they are.
ReplyQuote

7 6 Nov 2012
NickM said:
Thanks for the email address, Rhi.

As disastrous as this situation is and how frrustrated we are, we have to remember to keep calm, and make a clear and deliberate message. Inciting violence will not help our cause,
it will only slow momentum.

Wield the pen or tap the keyboard... No throwing people off buildings. If we resort to violence we are no better than they are.
exactly!! you need to be strategic and think carefully about what you say and how you go about it. You dont want to make him angry, you want him to think, and realise how wrong this is, getting them angry only makes them defensive
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
8 6 Nov 2012
Just read on the news on my phone a certain Joe Ludwig was appalled by the cull but has no issue with sending thousands of cows to Pakistan under the same watchful eye of the Pakistan government... Lets just say grandma was concerned by my telling obscenities at my phone. Apparently they have been sufficiently delt with... When will these people learn?????
ReplyQuote

Velouria Velouria VIC Posts: 107
9 9 Nov 2012
Totally agree with Nick and Rhi, seeing and hearing about these sort of things makes me feel ashamed to be part of the human race at times.  But the guys are right, emails and writing letters, not rude, as people do get defensive and don't like to be told what to do but to come to the conclusion themselves, that's where we come in to inform and show them the footage.  Getting people on board and sharing all the time until this stops.  This is about abhorrent cruetly to the extreme.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au