Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

how do you let out your anger?

Animal cruelty

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Naomi4animals Naomi4animals VIC Posts: 19
1 12 Nov 2012
so as you all probs know once again japanese fishermen have gone out to find a pod to slaughter and over time this has just made me angrier and angrier.
today i feel if they do catch and slaughter a pod i don't know what i will end up doing since no media seems to want to cover the story (60 minutes on my fireing line) and it seems like only a handful of people care.
so i'm wondering how do You control ur anger?
Stay Strong everyone love
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 12 Nov 2012
I think one good way is to vent on sites like this one!
ReplyQuote

NickM NickM NSW Posts: 71
3 12 Nov 2012
My go to place when talking of anger is Buddhist teachings.

Buddha teaches there is no place for anger. Anger only results in hurting you and hurting others. We must release the anger from within whether it be through meditation or your way of 'letting go'. Scientific studies on anger show that 'letting it out' does not relieve your inner anger. It is not like opening a bottle of fizzy drink and letting the CO2 out. It ends up in a situation where your acknowledgement of 'letting anger out' only perpetuating the release of anger, hatred and results in more and more harm.

My advice is to spend time quietly and get familiar with meditation practice. We are all passionate about making a difference, but we have limitations. Sleep and food are essentials, just as having a cool, calm disposition to allow you to make quick, sharp decisions, write clearly when emailing politicians and newspapers and when speaking to those who require some education (and are willing to listen to you).

PATIENCE is a must. Know your limitations. If you have done what you can in one area at that time, move on to the next and return to the other later when/if you can. In circumstances such as the ones animal rights activists face is knowing the fight against the plight of animals is a marathon of gigantic proportions. The beginning of the animal rights movement in the 1970's was undoubtedly very testing for those involved. Henry Spira is an example of an activist with a passion and surely a man of patience. Peter Singer wrote a book on his work called "Ethics into Action". It is worth a solid read.

Remember NOT to get angry at those committing these atrocities. They should be pitied and reeducated. Do not mistake my objection to anger as lack of passion to stop these things from happening. There are many violent crimes happening to both people and animals. They are always perpetuated by people who are either uneducated, pressured by others, or are  mentally deficient. These people need our help and compassion is the only way. If we aren't practicing compassion we are contributing to the system of brutality that we claim to be opposed to.

Love and forgive.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
4 12 Nov 2012
I find when i get frustrated or angry the best way to "cool down" is to just simply go outside and either meditate, go for a walk or read a book happy

I like to also go out and sit in the paddock with either the cows, sheep or pig and just lay beside them happy
ReplyQuote

rhi jenkins rhi jenkins TAS Posts: 82
5 13 Nov 2012
OinkMoo said:
I like to also go out and sit in the paddock with either the cows, sheep or pig and just lay beside them happy
i do the exact same thing! i go out and lay with my pigs,  it ALWAYS makes me feel better love  pig
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
6 13 Nov 2012
I usually walk my dog. But it has to be a very long and physically demanding walk. I usually have to walk for about 1 and a half to 2 hours. I try to walk up hill or at a fast pace. I sometimes take the tennis ball and throwing stick thing and throw the ball as far as I can. I don't know if you've ever seen a super fit Kelpie run, but it's very impressive, and easily takes my mind off things.

Four ridiculously adorable foster kittens are also a good stress/anger outlet!
ReplyQuote

Louisa3 Louisa3 NSW Posts: 31
7 13 Nov 2012
I think we have every right to be angry about atrocities, but we dont have the right to spew it over anyone else. I find that the way to best deal with anger is to do something positive back, support sea shepards, greenpeace, if you dont have te money to, let them know how much you appreciate what they do.  Just find the positive thing to do about it peace
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
8 14 Nov 2012
Put quite simply, like this:
"Arggggghhhhhhhh!" furious megaphone

Then I go read a book.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
9 14 Nov 2012
Kelsey1 said:
Put quite simply, like this:
"Arggggghhhhhhhh!" furious megaphone

Then I go read a book.
Colorful language works.
ReplyQuote

Velouria Velouria VIC Posts: 107
10 14 Nov 2012
Personally, loud music, talking to like minded people, getting involved in activism.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au