Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Melbourne Pig Save November Campaign

sunday 18th

1 - 2 of 2 posts

Naomi4animals Naomi4animals VIC Posts: 19
1 16 Nov 2012
We will be holding our sixth rally on 18th November 12.30- 14.30, in Bourke Street Mall.

At our most recent rally, we highlighted the "doublespeak" and euphemisms that have become inherent aspects of our food production system. An example is the 2007 Model Code of Practice for the Welfare of Animals, which permits piglets to be mutilated without anaesthetic and sows to be confined, day and night, for months on end without even the ability to turn around.

At this time of year, it is critical that we highlight the horro...rs that lie beneath the surface of the season of "Peace on Earth and goodwill to all". Just more "doublespeak" unfortunately.

Once again we will be using photos in a united visual display. Our replica sow, Lucy, will be there in her stall, and we will again be pairing people up to hand out flyers and take signatures for the petition.

We will be talking to the public about all aspects of pig farming including sow stalls, farrowing crates and piglet mutilation. Please come and join us if you can.

And please note that we'll be holding another event on 16th December: https://www.facebook.com/events/129491543866360/?fref=ts

Thank you for your continued support.... for the pigs.See more

i'm going to this event if anyone whould like to come info is above ^^^
ReplyQuote

amanda17 amanda17 VIC Posts: 1
2 17 Nov 2012
This is my 1st post and tomorrow will be my 1st time attending a campaign to support animals.  I look forward to meeting some like minded friends.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au