Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Thankyou so much to everyone

1 - 6 of 6 posts

rhi jenkins rhi jenkins TAS Posts: 82
1 1 Dec 2012
Thankyou so so much to everybody who watched, shared or passed on Deposers story!! Almost 4000 people have watched his video and its all thankyou to everyone who passed on his tragic story! for those of you who dont know about Deposer here is the link to his video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cASALvt8sVg

I have had so many emails from people asking about him, and saying that they have a different veiw on horse racing now, and were deeply upset about what happened to him. cry I have also been contacted by the racing stable over in the UK who previously owned him, (before he was sent to Honk Kong) saying that they were not happy with the video, and that is is bad for their reputation, and they are receiving hundreds of emails from people outraged about what they have seen. Although they were not the people who sent Deposer to the saleyards, this response has scared them a bit, and i bet they will think twice about what they do with their horses from now on. which is awesome!!
The release of this video also lead to the discovery of finding out the whole story about Deposer, i was contacted by the woman who placed Deposer in a new home after he was sent over from Hong Kong, apparently it was a 'loving home'..........which obviously it wasnt because they dumped him in a meat pen at the saleyards, apparently he was sent there because he was difficult to ride and kicked somebody in the ribs, neither of which mean that he deserved to end up at the knackery. As a horse who has been raced for most of his life, at a high level and only trained to run , Deposer would be difficult to ride when he was ridden differently as he wouldnt have understood what he was being asked to do, and supposedly kicking somebody in the ribs is not unusual for a horse- any horse could do this- and i am 100% sure that Deposer was not a nasty horse at all, he wouldnt hurt a fly.
So thankyou everyone for getting his story out there, it not only affected people, but revealed what happened to dear Deposer.
Rest In Peace Gorgeous Boy love you will never be forgotten love love love cry
ReplyQuote

2 1 Dec 2012
oH and also a HUGE thankyou to Anthony for including Deposers Video in his blog about the melbourne cup!!!!
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 4 Dec 2012
rhi jenkins said:
I have also been contacted by the racing stable over in the UK who previously owned him, (before he was sent to Honk Kong) saying that they were not happy with the video, and that is is bad for their reputation, and they are receiving hundreds of emails from people outraged about what they have seen. Although they were not the people who sent Deposer to the saleyards, this response has scared them a bit, and i bet they will think twice about what they do with their horses from now on. which is awesome!!
Wow, that's great! You're certainly making a difference, keep up the good work!! Did they contact you implying that you remove the video? I hope this DOES damage their reputation! They're a racing stable, after all! Their reputation is built on the ignorance of others!
ReplyQuote

4 4 Dec 2012
Maggie said:
rhi jenkins said:
e also been contacted by the racing stable over in the UK who previously owned him, (before he was sent to Honk Kong) saying that they were not happy with the video, and that is is bad for their reputation, and they are receiving hundreds of emails from people outraged about what they have seen. Although they were not the people who sent Deposer to the saleyards, this response has scared them a bit, and i bet they will think twice about what they do with their horses from now on. which is awesome!!
Wow, that's great! You're certainly making a difference, keep up the good work!! Did they contact you implying that you remove the video? I hope this DOES damage their reputation! They're a racing stable, after all! Their reputation is built on the ignorance of others!

thanks maggie!! they said that it was bad for their reputation and that i needed to get my facts straight....which i have, but im not removing the video! i think it has damaged their reputation, and im glad! i will never feel sorry for anyone who uses and abuses animals for money! ever!!
ReplyQuote

5 4 Dec 2012
"Dear Rhiannon
We have recently become aware of the video about Deposer on YouTube which I presume you posted.  We are receiving more and more emails from people who are under the misunderstanding because of that video that we are responsible for what happened to him in Australia.  As you are aware from my previous email we sold him, back in the summer of 2009,  in good faith to a bona fide owner and trainer to continue his successful racing career in Hong Kong.  This fact can be easily checked and verified by anyone going onto the Racing Post UK website.
Unfortunately because of the video I am getting more and more emails, the latest accusing us of killing Deposer.  People watching the video assume wrongly that we discarded him to die in Australia which you know is absolutely not the case.
If you are responsible for this video campaign I would appreciate you making sure the facts are correct.  
We appreciate what you are trying to do, but we take our business and our horses welfare extremely seriously and to be accused of this totally untrue fact is devastating.
ReplyQuote

Naomi4animals Naomi4animals VIC Posts: 19
6 6 Dec 2012
That Story riped my heart out, it also opened ALOT of my friends eyes
so i thank you love Rip Beautiful boy xx
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au