Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

'product may contain traces of milk or eggs'

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

EllDee EllDee SA Posts: 9
1 11 Dec 2012
The amount of products that have 'product may contain traces of milk or eggs' written after the ingredients list is shocking. When I first become Vegan I avoided them all just to be safe. But recently i noticed that a product labeled as vegan appropriate had this warning on it also.  I did some research and found out that when this warning that it simply means that the products was made on machinery which have also been used for products what have milk or eggs in them. So my question is, would anyone on here as a vegan eat food with this warning on the packet??
ReplyQuote

ForTheVoiceless ForTheVoiceless NSW Posts: 22
2 11 Dec 2012
I do personally. I think it's more a precautionary thing for people with allergies.
ReplyQuote

Banani Banani NSW Posts: 93
3 12 Dec 2012
I buy these products, most vegans do as you will rarely find factories that only have vegan products. You are in no way supporting eggs or dairy and yes, it is really just to cover their bums from allergy sufferers.
ReplyQuote

4 12 Dec 2012
Yes i believe so, thanks happy
ReplyQuote

5 12 Dec 2012
Yes that is what i had found trying to avoid them. i was basically only shopping a vegan specialty stores. This will open up quite a rang of food fro me. thanks for ur reply! happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
6 12 Dec 2012
Agree completely with Banani on this one. It's like saying I won't buy from Coles because they also sell meat. There's no getting around certain things like that. It's completely just a legal issue to cover themselves in the unlikely event that someone has an allergic reaction that's all.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
7 12 Dec 2012
of course i eat products with this warning.
I look for products with this warning because it is a clear sign that they DONT use these ingredients.
No product that says ''product may contain traces of milk or eggs'' has intentionally put eggs and milk in.
the most strict vegan should seek out products with this warning
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
8 13 Dec 2012
I don't think as of now I can avoid all dairy and eggs.  I would probably just buy vegan products from all-vegan companies.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
9 13 Dec 2012
Aaron said:
of course i eat products with this warning.
I look for products with this warning because it is a clear sign that they DONT use these ingredients.
No product that says ''product may contain traces of milk or eggs'' has intentionally put eggs and milk in.
the most strict vegan should seek out products with this warning
I completely agree with you. And just now I realized that there is a "may" in that warning. If the machinery is properly taken care of, (Sanitized, cleaned) there probably isn't much of a problem.
ReplyQuote

AbigailandBrodie AbigailandBrodie NSW Posts: 114
10 13 Dec 2012
ForTheVoiceless said:
I do personally. I think it's more a precautionary thing for people with allergies.
Yep that's the one. Basically, if people can sue they will. There needs to be writing of rules or warnings on everything in life now. For people with allergies I am sure they care about that too... Maybe happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au