Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Post on hungry jack's fb page

I've been slammed!!!

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Mel17 Mel17 SA Posts: 98
1 19 Dec 2012
Hi all!  It's been a while happy

So earlier this evening I posted on hungry jack's Facebook page re. Factory farming.  I got well and truly slammed! Some of my posts were deleted. Don't get me wrong, I can put up a good fight but I'm feeling dead set drained!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
2 20 Dec 2012
I would kind of trick them into learning about factory farms and such, by putting a link up and saying "Hey everybody you got to look at this." Out of curiosity, everyone might look at it, which could be factory farms.
ReplyQuote

Anthony Anthony WA Posts: 216
3 20 Dec 2012
Mel17 said:

So earlier this evening I posted on hungry jack's Facebook page re. Factory farming.  I got well and truly slammed! Some of my posts were deleted. Don't get me wrong, I can put up a good fight but I'm feeling dead set drained!
I went over and had a quick look at the page. I don't know the exact figures, but you can assume for every person who's tried to put you down or made a smart-arse comment, there'd be just as many quietly reading and not commenting, and your posts may be the first time they've heard of "factory farming". Or if they had heard of it already, maybe they never knew that fast food joints rely so heavily on factory farmed products. Without you taking the time to go over there and post - animals in factory farms would never have had their story heard.

At the end of the day, haters gonna hate - especially if you're pointing out an uncomfortable truth. Thank-you for posting there. Until pigs, chickens and other animals get on facebook, we have to be the voice for them.  strong
ReplyQuote

Velouria Velouria VIC Posts: 107
4 20 Dec 2012
Mel17 said:

Good on you for putting yourself out there, it sure can be draining but don't let the ignorant folk get you down.  

thumb
ReplyQuote

Mel17 Mel17 SA Posts: 98
5 20 Dec 2012
Im happy to fight the fight but I'm seriously soooo tired today. Im pretty pleased with the result. There must have been 40+ comments posted under my original. Now we just need more people to do the same!!!
ReplyQuote

Velouria Velouria VIC Posts: 107
6 21 Dec 2012
Mel17 said:
Im happy to fight the fight but I'm seriously soooo tired today. Im pretty pleased with the result. There must have been 40+ comments posted under my original. Now we just need more people to do the same!!!
I'm with you Mel, every time I posted a original post it didn't appear though?  So I made a comment under something they wrote and posted the link as well, I too wish more people would do this and wouldn't have the attitude that it doesn't make it difference, emails and feedback on anything can influence and gets the message it out.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au