Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What better place to share something important about myself..

..than with my fellow animal lovers!

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Haaayyyllleeeyyy Haaayyyllleeeyyy VIC Posts: 41
1 4 Feb 2013
So, I've been working on a little something for over a year and yesterday as I was thinking about my accomplishment I realised that Unleashed was a HUGE part of it.

Being apart of this compassionate community was one of the things that pushed me to be so brave and have such conviction in life in general. I know now that when I feel like I'm standing alone, really I have a whole horde of people behind me. And all of YOU are a part of that horde.

Sorry, I'm getting a bit off track, but I wanted to express the full story before I got to the reason why I'm here.. and that reason is... drum roll..

MY FIRST BOOK!

At twenty one years of age, I am proud to say I have completed my first Young Adult novel, and self published it via createspace.

clap clap Anyway, here's the blurb..

“My neck prickled with heat and, before I had time to analyze the feeling, bony fingers wrapped my arms in a vice. I screamed. I didn’t think I’d ever screamed that loud before in my life. It was a long, terrified sound that nearly ripped me in half. I fought the hands that tried to restrain me and was able to turn just enough to see it was another hooded figure, their hood too low and dark to discern a face.”

Laila Benett was perfectly content with her life. She had a loving mother and sister, an amazing best friend and an uncomplicated life. But something changed.
Now, she is being stalked by creatures in the night. Her sister has fallen ill, tearing her family apart. Her best friend is missing and she’s stuck in the middle of a deadly love triangle.
Laila meets Christopher, a seemingly easy-going, yet mysterious teenager. As he drags her deeper into a world she wants no part in, her life continues to be put into jeopardy and she fights to find out Christopher’s dark secret while battling the confusing attraction she feels towards him.
In her quest to uncover Christopher’s secrets, she meets Henry, a stranger who looks familiar and knows too much about her.
She continues her search and her fight to return her life to normal, but deep down she knows: things will never be the same again.

ecstatic I'm working on the second one in the trilogy at the moment and I really hope you guys take a look and maybe gift it to some of your friends and/or family. It's a great read (if I could be so bold as to say)

And you can get it from here-- > http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Ascent-Hayley-Mills/9781479304295

Thanks for reading  happy
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
2 4 Feb 2013
Wow! Well done. Sounds great!
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
3 5 Feb 2013
That's awesome! I am working on probably a hundred books and i can't decide which one to finish.
ReplyQuote

AC AZZA AC AZZA VIC Posts: 158
4 5 Feb 2013
Well done , great work, when I get paid this week I will be sure to buy it!
Out of interest, did it cost anything to publish through createspace ?
ReplyQuote

Haaayyyllleeeyyy Haaayyyllleeeyyy VIC Posts: 41
5 5 Feb 2013
Thanks guys! happy

It doesn't cost to publish, but there are submission guidelines to follow, so I ended up paying them to do my formatting and stuff for me.
ReplyQuote

Mary6 Mary6 NSW Posts: 152
6 5 Feb 2013
That's awesome!! I would love to read it! Gonna go check it out on the website u linked
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au