Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Any gluten free vegans on here?

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Cupcake Cupcake SA Posts: 46
1 17 Feb 2013
I finally decided to start calling myself vegan after months of only eating vegan anyway. My main concern is the fact that I do have coeliac disease which is already hard enough to cater for and now I'm making it harder for myself by going vegan... even though technically it's the food industry doing it for me!

Anyone else in the same boat as me?
ReplyQuote

Hi-Jinks Hi-Jinks VIC Posts: 19
2 18 Feb 2013
I'm in a similar position.
My diet is somewhere between vegetarian and vegan; it's in that no man's land where i don't really know what to call it, and I'm gluten intolerant.
There's a brand called 'silly yak' (or maybe yak's) that does gluten free/vegan food that's absolutely delicious, though i don't think it's easy to find. I get mine through a friend who works in a cafeteria >.>
But for the most part I do my best to make the things that need to be gluten free as well as vegan, myself and freeze the excess so that i don't have to spend time baking bread every 2 days. It simplifies things a hell of a lot.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
3 18 Feb 2013
I've been vegan for years now and will soon be taking a blood test for coeliac as my Dad has just been diagnosed with it. Hopefully I don't have it, but i have done some research just in case and feel like it won't be all that difficult. The hardest part will be giving up those faux meats but it's not as if they're any good for you anyways. Congratulations on making the switch! It shouldn't be difficult when you know WHY you're giving it up.
ReplyQuote

4 18 Feb 2013
Being gf isn't that hard but mixing two things makes it slightly harder. But I've pretty much giv en up on bread (gf I mean) as it just makes me feel like a fat lump. And I'm also trying to lose weight.
I absolutely LOVE baking so being on a diet is killing that part of me lol
ReplyQuote

MrIdentical MrIdentical QLD Posts: 124
5 18 Feb 2013
Have you heard of hemp flour? It's a meal made by grinding help seeds.

I'm about to give it a bash myself since it's cheaper than almond flour.

You can get a kilo for $18 here:

http://www.puredelighthemp.com.au/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=46&category_id=17&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6
ReplyQuote

6 18 Feb 2013
Btw due to the Gov's position on hemp products they have to sell it for "animals only"

Humans are animals too though happy
ReplyQuote

7 18 Feb 2013
Actually disregard this, I did some more research and apparently it's awful haha
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
8 18 Feb 2013
Went I went veg I taught myself how to cook. It's a huge part of my life. I love it. Being vegan has helped my baking immensely it ensures that I be creative. I veganise a lot of things myself.
ReplyQuote

9 18 Feb 2013
KirstyGirl said:
Went I went veg I taught myself how to cook. It's a huge part of my life. I love it. Being vegan has helped my baking immensely it ensures that I be creative. I veganise a lot of things myself.
Saaaame! Thanks to all my allergies I've had to bake and make everything for years anyway lol

This is my shitty food blog. I really need to update it but there's a few things on there.

http://getbakedblog.wordpress.com/  happy
ReplyQuote

VeganGirl VeganGirl VIC Posts: 13
10 18 Feb 2013
I am vegan and we try to have gluten free things because me and my family sometimes get upset tummies but I find it easy  happy lookatme
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au