Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Adelaide

1 - 10 of 20 posts   1 | 2  

Ariadne Ariadne SA Posts: 148
1 25 Feb 2013
Hey,
I thought I would create a thread where people can spread the word about good places to shop for vegan products, eat vegan, etc. in the wonderful state of Radelaide!

Some of my faves:

Foodland Norwood Parade:

This place stocks everything and more, Redwoods, Viana (the best faux meats), Coyo, Tofutti (pizza, icecream, spread), Vans vegan waffles, several very fancy and expensive brands of vegan icecreams...not to mention the extensive range of homecare and beauty products. Seriously, name a vegan product THEY WILL HAVE IT!

Seng Bangkok on Hanson Road:

Huge range of Lamyong and some truly bizarre faux meats (anyone for faux mutton? NOT ME!! But they have it if you really need it). They also stock a range of homecooked vegan meals because the family who own the shop have been vegan for about 20 years. They sell out quickly so arrive early. The cold rolls are bliss.

Speaking of Bliss...it probably needs no introduction!

Red Lime Shack in Port Adelaide, new, cheap, run by lovely people and of course the food will make you drool.

Carrotheads is also in the Port, Port Canal shopping centre to be precise. They stock vegan and vego, but they do a range of homemade pies several of which are vegan. And they are so cheap and delicious! It is also run by the cutest bunch of little old ladies, when I am old I am going to hang out there.

Vegetarian Delight on Port Road. I stuff myself here quite regularly.
ReplyQuote

Cupcake Cupcake SA Posts: 46
2 25 Feb 2013
Foodland at Frewville is equally amazing to Norwood's too wink

My work "The Mac Factory" is completely veggo with vegan options such as pancakes and waffles. Plus we're working n vegan macarons XD
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 25 Feb 2013
There are a few of these threads running already here.

But nonetheless..

http://www.happycow.net/australia/south_australia/adelaide/

Wilson's Organics a street over from BLISS, has a deli in the middle and they have yummiest Vegan chow and at considerate, modest prices.
The best Homemade Vegan Pesto can be found there and everything is made by the lovely staff. Wraps and Quinoa/Lentil balls are tha bomb.

Zen House is ok, but sometimes when you buy the most expensive dish on the menu that is solely focused around one ingredient and they do not have this ingredient (Eggplant): they won't have any qualms about substituting and not informing you (Zucchini). *grummbles.

The Pirate Ship at the Garden of Unearthly this Fringe makes some delightful Vegan noms, esp their salad I can recommend. Also the Poffertjes Carnival style food caravan sells amazing Vegan Waffles, but only when Anton from local Post Rock band, Canidae http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Canidae is manning his fry.

I don't support Junk Food as a substitute to Vego Community Grown Cooking, but Godzilla Pizza on Brighton Road still do Vegan Pizzas, with real tasty Vega Cheese.
+Zambreros now does Vegan Options, if you want a mean wrap.

Simply Sushi Glenelg has Meeso and you can ask the chefs for special makes, I get Avocardo Hosomaki and my special is Avocardo, Mango Reverse, yommm.

Buy a pack of seeds/eyes of some veggies from cheapo stores, they are like one Buck, poke some in the ground and see if they grow. I got 500 Brussel Sprout seeds for 99c and apparently they start sprouting in 7 days. I didn't know they grow on a stalk! Like little space ships, nawww. Just poke them in the ground in your garden or a pot with space and put water on every so often. Easy! Keep trying.

~ s2 ~
ReplyQuote

4 26 Feb 2013
Casper.s2 said:
There are a few of these threads running already here.

But nonetheless..

http://www.happycow.net/australia/south_australia/adelaide/

Zen House is ok, but sometimes when you buy the most expensive dish on the menu that is solely focused around one ingredient and they do not have this ingredient (Eggplant): they won't have any qualms about substituting and not informing you (Zucchini). *grummbles.

The Pirate Ship at the Garden of Unearthly this Fringe makes some delightful Vegan noms, esp their salad I can recommend. Also the Poffertjes Carnival style food caravan sells amazing Vegan Waffles, but only when Anton from local Post Rock band, Canidae http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Canidae is manning his fry.

I don't support Junk Food as a substitute to Vego Community Grown Cooking, but Godzilla Pizza on Brighton Road still do Vegan Pizzas, with real tasty Vega Cheese.
+Zambreros now does Vegan Options, if you want a mean wrap.

~ s2 ~
I find the laksa at Zenhouse to be a bit watery too sad

I love Godzilla, it might not be raw/organic/etc etc but they are a small business doing their best to cater to vegans. Plus they occasionally have vegan desserts, one being what appears to be a giant cherry ripe.

What else...

Addis Abbaba on Port Road has an incredible vegan platter, they use a kind of aged chilli that has enough heat to make you break out in a sweat but which strangely doesn't burn your mouth or diminish the flavour of the food.
ReplyQuote

Cupcake Cupcake SA Posts: 46
5 26 Feb 2013
You ladies are lucky. I'm gf as well as vegans so I struggle to find anything sad
ReplyQuote

Daft_Punk Daft_Punk SA Posts: 139
6 27 Feb 2013
If you don't like the laksa at Zenhouse try the one at Vegetarian Garden (if you haven't yet) in Renaissance Arcade near the east end of Rundle Mall, it is delicious and across the road from Adelaide Uni happy

My local Foodland is no good though, I wish it were more like Norwood sad
ReplyQuote

7 28 Feb 2013
Daft_Punk said:
If you don't like the laksa at Zenhouse try the one at Vegetarian Garden (if you haven't yet) in Renaissance Arcade near the east end of Rundle Mall, it is delicious and across the road from Adelaide Uni happy

My local Foodland is no good though, I wish it were more like Norwood sad
I know the place you mean, but I didn't know they made laksa! I will definitely try it, I have had a go at making it myself but I can't quite perfect that "it always tastes better when someone else cooks it for you" taste!
ReplyQuote

8 28 Feb 2013
Cupcake said:
You ladies are lucky. I'm gf as well as vegans so I struggle to find anything sad
Hmmm, you do have a hard time of it...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/336/1/Adelaide/Gluten-Free-Friendly-restaurants

Lucky Lupita's will veganise their food (is veganise a word??  ashamed ) and their food is incredible. Eggless is both vegan and gf and if you are the kind of person who believes that dessert is a meal and not an accompaniment you will be a VERY happy person.

http://www.freestores.com.au/

Free Unley also stocks alot of vegan food, including homemade pies in winter. Carrotheads in the Port also has a spelt flour/vegan pie (it's also celery-free!)

I will keep a lookout for any others I stumble upon  happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
9 1 Mar 2013
Are any of you wonderful people signed on with adelaide vegans? They have a facebook and website, we get together once a week for dinner and sometimes have other events like raw picnics and such... it's good fun. n_n I'm good friends with the owners of bliss, they will  be stocking my cakes soon! happy))
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
10 1 Mar 2013
Ariadne said:
Cupcake said:
Hmmm, you do have a hard time of it...

http://www.urbanspoon.com/t/336/1/Adelaide/Gluten-Free-Friendly-restaurants

Lucky Lupita's will veganise their food (is veganise a word??  ashamed ) and their food is incredible. Eggless is both vegan and gf and if you are the kind of person who believes that dessert is a meal and not an accompaniment you will be a VERY happy person.

http://www.freestores.com.au/

Free Unley also stocks alot of vegan food, including homemade pies in winter. Carrotheads in the Port also has a spelt flour/vegan pie (it's also celery-free!)

I will keep a lookout for any others I stumble upon  happy
bliss has plenty of gluten free options!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au