Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Leather cars ??

Who has a car with no leather

1 - 10 of 13 posts   1 | 2  

VeganGirl VeganGirl VIC Posts: 13
1 27 Feb 2013
Who  has a car that dose not have leather in their car or know a car that has not have leather??
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
2 27 Feb 2013
Most modern cars have at least leather steering wheels...
I heard the other day that there is something in car tyres as well derived from cows :-/
ReplyQuote

Aria Aria VIC Posts: 63
3 27 Feb 2013
You can't avoid it new cars, well you may be able to avoid leather in the model you buy but the majority of the rest of the companies range will involve leather... Thus supporting it anyway.

I suggest buy old cars, they're better and more reliable anyway. Plus, vinyl happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
4 27 Feb 2013
I'm pretty sure my Toyota yaris hatchback it has no leather in it happy and I don't think my Nissan pulsar hatchback has any leather interior? When I was looking at cars I was strick with the leather interior as I personally find leather disgusting.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
5 28 Feb 2013
My dads car does not have leather, but my mom's does and i am not fond of it.
ReplyQuote

Tigers are Awesome Tigers are Awesome WA Posts: 30
6 28 Feb 2013
My mum's 13 year old Toyota Echo has fabric seats. I prefer them over the leather not only  because they are cow free but because they are soooo comfy  ashamed
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
7 28 Feb 2013
I don't think my car has any leather.
But honestly, unless you are buying a car brand new then you can't always have much say on the matter. Not to mention the plastics or rubbers used in your car could also be made from animal derived ingredients.

It's best to focus your energy into something more productive than something you can't really do much about.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
8 28 Feb 2013
Vegesaurus said:
It's best to focus your energy into something more productive than something you can't really do much about.
This.

On topic, there are umpteen bazillion cars out there with no leather. And if you pass up a perfectly good second hand car on the basis the seats are leather, I'd say you take yourself too seriously.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
9 28 Feb 2013
Glen said:
Vegesaurus said:
This.

On topic, there are umpteen bazillion cars out there with no leather. And if you pass up a perfectly good second hand car on the basis the seats are leather, I'd say you take yourself too seriously.
It's also far better to buy/own an older car and actually maintain it considering all the pollution created by manufacturing new cars! Yes they may run more economically etc, but it still doesn't outway maintaining a less efficient older car.
ReplyQuote

MrIdentical MrIdentical QLD Posts: 124
10 28 Feb 2013
*Steph* said:
Glen said:
Vegesaurus said:
This.

It's also far better to buy/own an older car and actually maintain it considering all the pollution created by manufacturing new cars! Yes they may run more economically etc, but it still doesn't outway maintaining a less efficient older car.
Still got nothin' on a pair of sandals =)
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au