Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Bindi a meat eater ??

Why ??

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

VeganGirl VeganGirl VIC Posts: 13
1 11 Mar 2013
I just found out bindi eats meat but get loves animals I very surprised anyone else
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
2 11 Mar 2013
Are you referring to that Irwin abomination? I'm hardly surprised... that kid lives in a world of delusion, shadowed only by her own pretentiousness.
ReplyQuote

AC AZZA AC AZZA VIC Posts: 158
3 11 Mar 2013
Just wondering, since I may be ignorant of the facts.
But whats with the Irwin hate?

Yeah I know she ate meat, her father ate meat and gave a very crappy excuse for it. Though I still believe he was a great man.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
4 12 Mar 2013
AC AZZA said:

Yeah I know she ate meat, her father ate meat and gave a very crappy excuse for it. Though I still believe he was a great man.
Why do you think he was great? He was all for capturing animals and putting them in zoos. So not cool. He did however raise a lot of money to go towards securing more land for animals but there's only a few good things in a whole range of bad in my opinion.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
5 12 Mar 2013
AC AZZA said:
Yeah I know she ate meat, her father ate meat and gave a very crappy excuse for it.
What was the excuse?  confused
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
6 12 Mar 2013
OinkMoo said:
AC AZZA said:
Yeah I know she ate meat, her father ate meat and gave a very crappy excuse for it.
What was the excuse?  confused
Pretty much that growing vegetables takes up land that wildlife can have. Poor deluded man never stopped to think that the number one cause behind the majority of wildlife extinctions, was land clearing to graze animals for meat.
ReplyQuote

AC AZZA AC AZZA VIC Posts: 158
7 13 Mar 2013
KirstyGirl said:
AC AZZA said:

Why do you think he was great? He was all for capturing animals and putting them in zoos. So not cool. He did however raise a lot of money to go towards securing more land for animals but there's only a few good things in a whole range of bad in my opinion.
Well I've had to learn to look for the greater good amongst the bad.
What he was trying to do was educate people about animals and conservation.
There are actually people out there who are frighteneded of "disease filled" domestic pets and find reptiles to be the monsters of their nightmares. I feel his education ability of animals to people are so highly underrated. His not some scientist guy whos throwing big words at you and barley touches the animals, this is like your crazy uncle whom you can relate to.

As much as most people are against captivity I think we should just try to understand, that it's not going to go away in our lifetime anyways but he used it as educational value for the public, the greater good. The only way we are going to solve all animal related problems is through education. Plus ORIGINALLY all the crocodiles he had there were going to be killed by people as they were the local dangers in their rivers so he did prolong their lives by saving them and were spoilt on a great never ending diet.

I am not going to go as far as I recon everything Steve Irwin did was 100% good, I just think people also have to realise , there are a large population of people out there whom either A.dont care or B. Don't like animals and Steve Irwin helped people understand them.

*Sorry for rushed response I'm currently between classes
ReplyQuote

Aria! Aria! VIC Posts: 4
8 14 Mar 2013
I think vegetarians and vegans need to stop attacking people who eat meat and care for animals. Would you all rather that just because someone eats meat (which, you have no idea of the specifics of this, you do not know her personally and really don't know anything of her life), then they not care one bit for any animal? This is a stupid argument to always have about people. If she was standing up directly advocating meat eating and such, then you would have a reason to go on offensive, but for now guys... Don't worry about it... At least she is out there doing something, she would be doing more for a lot of animals than a lot of vegans even do. She has the exposure and funding to do so, lets not attack people who are trying to do what in their mind is the right thing, and on top of that - she's just a kid, let her experience life some more and see where that leads her. We should just focus our energy on changing the minds of those who don't care for animals at all and helping animals out ourselves, our own way happy

We just cannot expect everyone to share our views on veganism/vegetarianism. I am a vegan and I wish everyone could be, but the fact is we are all entitled to our opinions and that won't ever change.

Also, who has been to their zoo? It's really great. Animal captivity has very different levels of standards. Sydney zoo - disgrace. Australia Zoo - the animals were happy and out and about, it is a very different set up to other zoos.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
9 14 Mar 2013
Aria! said:
Also, who has been to their zoo? It's really great. Animal captivity has very different levels of standards. Sydney zoo - disgrace. Australia Zoo - the animals were happy and out and about, it is a very different set up to other zoos.
I went to Taronga Zoo in Dec 2012 and it was really upsetting, the animals looked miserable and there enclosures weren't very big. In Taronga's petting zoo they had a sign about each of the animals ( like a little info sheet ) and on the pigs one it said something like
" Pigs like to eat alot of food which turns into yummy bacon and ham for us " I was disgusted!!
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
10 16 Mar 2013
AC AZZA said:
KirstyGirl said:
AC AZZA said:

Well I've had to learn to look for the greater good amongst the bad.
What he was trying to do was educate people about animals and conservation.
There are actually people out there who are frighteneded of "disease filled" domestic pets and find reptiles to be the monsters of their nightmares. I feel his education ability of animals to people are so highly underrated. His not some scientist guy whos throwing big words at you and barley touches the animals, this is like your crazy uncle whom you can relate to.

As much as most people are against captivity I think we should just try to understand, that it's not going to go away in our lifetime anyways but he used it as educational value for the public, the greater good. The only way we are going to solve all animal related problems is through education. Plus ORIGINALLY all the crocodiles he had there were going to be killed by people as they were the local dangers in their rivers so he did prolong their lives by saving them and were spoilt on a great never ending diet.

I am not going to go as far as I recon everything Steve Irwin did was 100% good, I just think people also have to realise , there are a large population of people out there whom either A.dont care or B. Don't like animals and Steve Irwin helped people understand them.

*Sorry for rushed response I'm currently between classes
I do completely understand where you're coming from on this one. While I'm personally against most of the things he did and believe that they have it wrong for the most part a lot of education did happen. Likewise with Bindi too. My little sister used to watch Bindi dvd's when she was about 4 and loved them. She learnt all about how fur and exotic skins are a terrible thing and all about poaching. For something to be out there like this, aimed at small children is fantastic. It also helped develop our own conversations about the ethics behind using animals. So there are some really wonderful aspects to the family and some bad too.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au