Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

RSCPA approved meat

1 - 7 of 7 posts


EllDee EllDee SA Posts: 9
1 12 Mar 2013
Not that I would ever eat meat again, as i am vegan and have been vego for a long time. But I have heard of some of my meat eating friend tell me about buying RSPCA approved meat. It has got me curious about what that means exactly. I don't always support the RSPCA in my state (SA). and i don't believe there is such thing as humane slaughter. But I would like the informed about the product and do like the idea of people thinking of where their food comes from, even if its just a little bit. Because thats where all vegos and vegans start. So if anyone knows about it, would they please share with me, thank you!
ReplyQuote

ForTheVoiceless ForTheVoiceless NSW Posts: 22
2 12 Mar 2013
This is just my assumption so don't take it as gospel but I'm guessing the RSPCA approved flesh is merely of animals that the RSPCA believe have had their standard of living conditions whilst they were alive as "livestock". I don't believe it would necessarily be "humanely slaughtered" besides there being no such a thing, but I think it's just animals that they have deemed to have had a good life before their untimely slaughter.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
3 12 Mar 2013
The RSPCA approved meat Scheme is just that - a Scheme -  

The RSPCA says it’s against the battery cage yet maintains a business arrangement and accepts sponsorship from Pace Farms, Australia’s largest battery egg producer. The RSPCA say their Liberty Barnlaid Egg Endorsement Scheme with Pace will ensure some hens get out of their cages, yet the number of battery hens in cages has not decreased while the RSPCA gets paid (to date) over $182,560 in royalty payments. Meanwhile, Pace Farms has just built the largest battery hen factory in the southern hemisphere (West Wyalong). The RSPCA justify overcrowding, De-beaking, lack of perches, prevention of roosting, chronic stress and electric shock training to the hens they abuse for their barnlaid approved eggs? The Animal Liberation Victoria undercover rescue team repeatedly videotape and photograph all of the above cruelties inside RSPCA approved barnlaid sheds.

The RSPCA is also in business with pig producers. Otway Pork was a sponsor of 2006’s Million Paws Walk and the RSPCA makes $$$ from pigmeat sold by Otway Pork, these pigs are slaughtered like any other pig within the Slaughterhouse, yet the RSPCA say this is Humane.

The RSPCA promotes buying animal products but also says they are against cruelty towards animals? They claim to also be for all creatures great and small but they make money off selling animal products ( meat and dairy ). Sadly the Rspca in my opinion cant be trusted.
ReplyQuote

EllDee EllDee SA Posts: 9
4 12 Mar 2013
Thanks for the responses. the best i was hoping for was mildly better welfare to be honest. nothing close to what id want of course, but some kinda of improvement.

but i was expecting to hear something about them not being anything like they describe to thankyou for letting me know. that was the info i expected to be out there somewhere and wanted to be aware of, if it was the case. so thankyou both! happy
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
5 12 Mar 2013
OinkMoo said:
The RSPCA approved meat Scheme is just that - a Scheme -  

The RSPCA says it’s against the battery cage yet maintains a business arrangement and accepts sponsorship from Pace Farms, Australia’s largest battery egg producer. The RSPCA say their Liberty Barnlaid Egg Endorsement Scheme with Pace will ensure some hens get out of their cages, yet the number of battery hens in cages has not decreased while the RSPCA gets paid (to date) over $182,560 in royalty payments. Meanwhile, Pace Farms has just built the largest battery hen factory in the southern hemisphere (West Wyalong). The RSPCA justify overcrowding, De-beaking, lack of perches, prevention of roosting, chronic stress and electric shock training to the hens they abuse for their barnlaid approved eggs? The Animal Liberation Victoria undercover rescue team repeatedly videotape and photograph all of the above cruelties inside RSPCA approved barnlaid sheds.

The RSPCA is also in business with pig producers. Otway Pork was a sponsor of 2006’s Million Paws Walk and the RSPCA makes $$$ from pigmeat sold by Otway Pork, these pigs are slaughtered like any other pig within the Slaughterhouse, yet the RSPCA say this is Humane.

The RSPCA promotes buying animal products but also says they are against cruelty towards animals? They claim to also be for all creatures great and small but they make money off selling animal products ( meat and dairy ). Sadly the Rspca in my opinion cant be trusted.
You cant really trust anyone saying something is humanely slaughtered. Over here in the U.S. we have the USDA who lies a LOT. For example, "Organic" meat is no different than any other meat besides the fact that it (supposedly) lacks antibiotics.
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
6 13 Mar 2013
Kelsey1 said:
You cant really trust anyone saying something is humanely slaughtered. Over here in the U.S. we have the USDA who lies a LOT. For example, "Organic" meat is no different than any other meat besides the fact that it (supposedly) lacks antibiotics.
When someone is making a income off animals, whether it's animals raised for food, entertainment or social reasons on a large and sometimes small scale they wouldn't want to jeopardise there source of income and would be willing to lie to consumers in making them think they are choosing the right product because there's was raised in a good environment which isn't the case. When organisations get bigger and get a lust for money they can become corrupt, the RSPCA say they have no money but receive thousands and possibly millions from donations, fundraising, the government and there partnerships. Some of this money is spent on the animals but sadly a lot of it goes in the pockets of those who run the RSPCA.

It's really sad that those who are here to protect animals and give them a voice have turned around and have made a profit off there suffering.
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
7 15 Mar 2013
OinkMoo said:
Kelsey1 said:
You cant really trust anyone saying something is humanely slaughtered. Over here in the U.S. we have the USDA who lies a LOT. For example, "Organic" meat is no different than any other meat besides the fact that it (supposedly) lacks antibiotics.
When someone is making a income off animals, whether it's animals raised for food, entertainment or social reasons on a large and sometimes small scale they wouldn't want to jeopardise there source of income and would be willing to lie to consumers in making them think they are choosing the right product because there's was raised in a good environment which isn't the case. When organisations get bigger and get a lust for money they can become corrupt, the RSPCA say they have no money but receive thousands and possibly millions from donations, fundraising, the government and there partnerships. Some of this money is spent on the animals but sadly a lot of it goes in the pockets of those who run the RSPCA.

It's really sad that those who are here to protect animals and give them a voice have turned around and have made a profit off there suffering.
Out of curiosity, what does the RSPCA stand for and is it an agricultural organization?
ReplyQuote


www.unleashed.org.au