Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Devondale soy aftertaste ad

tell me what you think

1 - 10 of 34 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

tainui tainui QLD Posts: 35
1 30 Mar 2013
Hi guys,

has anyone seen that Devondale soy aftertaste ad? It made me so angry when I saw it. Clearly only ignorant people wouldn't be disgusted by it.

If you haven't seen it, just youtube: devondale fast start. Also, the ad agency who made the ad are DDB Melbourne.

I feel a petition coming on. Thoughts?
ReplyQuote

Showbags Showbags QLD Posts: 162
2 30 Mar 2013
Yeah I saw that ad the other day. Funny how they say "made with real milk not soy". Well if that was the case it would be made from human breast milk not cows.

The thinking of most people is so warped that most people think it is natural to drink cow's milk.

And why is it that its ok to discriminate against people that drink soy milk or don't eat slaughtered lambs (those stupid Sam Kekovitch ads). But if a vegan dare say anything about a non-vegans diet then we are being judgemental.
ReplyQuote

MissLiaMack MissLiaMack SA Posts: 53
3 30 Mar 2013
OMG YES! I had a rant about this on FB and tumblr. Plus it's sexist. Ugh!
ReplyQuote

twisted soul twisted soul QLD Posts: 145
4 7 Apr 2013
Showbags said:
The thinking of most people is so warped that most people think it is natural to drink cow's milk.
My dad thinks the same way, I tell him I'm going from vegetarian to vegan and he says "but milk is a natural product in our diet". When I first became vegetarian 3 years ago he said all this crap like " it's ok to eat meat, god gave us SUPIRIOR brains so that we can build things. Then god gave us the animals so we can harness them for food and clothing" then I thought "god gave me the wrong dad!"
ReplyQuote

5 7 Apr 2013
This isn't all, there is a whole heap of bullshit advertising going on. Such as; the mc Donald's brown paper bags say 'it tastes so good because it is' and those red meat adds saying its Aussie to eat it.
ReplyQuote

Showbags Showbags QLD Posts: 162
6 7 Apr 2013
twisted soul said:
This isn't all, there is a whole heap of bullshit advertising going on. Such as; the mc Donald's brown paper bags say 'it tastes so good because it is' and those red meat adds saying its Aussie to eat it.
Maybe the animal abusing industries are looking over their shoulders and fighting against the very very slow shift in public consciousness about the use of animal products.

They came up with the "happy" "free range" "organic" "barn laid" meat, milk and eggs bullshit as a way to combat negative press about factory farming practices. Now they are trying to infiltrate people's thinking again by attempting to alienate one section of the public (animal rights activists) and paint them as "un-Australian, weirdo, lefty, liberal, communist, greenies that haven't had a shower in years and probably don't work".

It is just a defensive and nervous reaction from an industry that knows that what it is doing is unsustainable and morally reprehensible.
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
7 7 Apr 2013
They've clearly come to the conclusion that if they don't try and discredit the soy/alt milk industries they might actually have to change with the times. I see this as a good thing. Milk drinkers will not see the ad and wonder why people would drink soy. People drink soy because they know better or as a dietary alternative. Calm down, have a soy latte and bask in the glory that is change.
ReplyQuote

8 8 Apr 2013
Well devondale can suck my broccoli broccoli
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au