Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

South east queenslanders

Please post here!!

21 - 28 of 28 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

twisted soul twisted soul QLD Posts: 145
21 10 Apr 2013
Cool! innocent
ReplyQuote

Vegan Safe Vegan Safe SA Posts: 106
22 13 Apr 2013
twisted soul said:
Vegan Safe said:
twisted soul said:
Vegan Safe said:
twisted soul said:
We should probably get back on topic; southeast qld, I just emailed food works in Logan to do what the Adelaide one does, have u seen it in the blog
The Adelaide what?  And What does it do?
Find out for yourself: http://www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2009-09/Cruelty-Free-Shopping-Made-Oh-So-Easy
Ah, I see.  I did not even realise that Foodworks stocked vegan food, though more and more supermarkets are getting better at this.  Coles and Woolworths stock some stuff and a couple of Foodland stores (South Australian supermarket chain) have REALLY big range of vegan products.  I doubt though that all Foodwork stores have such a big selection.  Glenelg is a more wealthier suburb and you tend to find that supermarkets in higher income areas tend to stock more.  Just a matter of demographics unfortunately.  No harm in asking though.  As for myself, I often order my goods from The Cruelty Free shop online
Not looking good for me, in the email i said feedback would be great. Haven't got any though, doubt he even read it considering the subject was 'vegan/vegetarian'!
Sorry to hear that. I know most supermarkets would be very busy but it would at least be good if they recognised their customers with a response.
ReplyQuote

Annairda Annairda QLD Posts: 35
23 26 Feb 2014
Showbags said:
I'm from the Gold Coast. The plastic fantastic, bogan capital of the world.

The sad thing is I've never met another Vegan here on the Coast (though I've only been one for 6-7 months myself). There are a few vegetarians but they do that for health, taste reasons not moral ones.

It almost feels like I'm the only one (which can't be true as there is a Vegan restaurant so surely there is a market for it that isn't made up of just curious omnivores).
Coast to Coast Animal Friends do heaps of protests on the Gold Coast! I've made heaps of vegan friends going to those there! Maybe add the fb page so you can come along to some of the stuff and meet some new people?
I'm also a Brisbane V. happy
ReplyQuote

Lala Lala QLD Posts: 70
24 8 Mar 2014
Queensland Rocks!
ReplyQuote

Lala Lala QLD Posts: 70
25 8 Mar 2014
sort of. not really. whatever.
ReplyQuote

Cindy4 Cindy4 QLD Posts: 2
26 9 Mar 2014
I am in Queensland the behind the times State. I am trying to get signatures for a petition to allow pet rabbits legal in Qld. This will stop them from being bought here and hidden from councils and the law, not being taken to the vet when sick and suffering pain or even worse end up dead. If they are found in QLd they are euthanased and owners are fined heavily. Links to sign the petitions are
http://www.petitiononline.com/petitions/bunny/signatures  ..........or ................               http://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/legalise-the-keeping-of-registered-desexed-and-vaccinated-pet-rabbits-in-qld.

Thanks so much everyone. Please share these links on your Facebook pages.
ReplyQuote

Anuradha Anuradha NSW Posts: 12
27 5 Apr 2014
Check out Govinda's Restaurant on the Gold Coast, and at Burleigh Heads.
All staff are morally devoted to not killing or eating any animal, fish or egg - as well as upholding many other moral and cleanly principles such as having a full bath before preparing food!!
ReplyQuote

Anuradha Anuradha NSW Posts: 12
28 5 Apr 2014
Annairda said:
Showbags said:
I'm from the Gold Coast. The plastic fantastic, bogan capital of the world.

The sad thing is I've never met another Vegan here on the Coast (though I've only been one for 6-7 months myself). There are a few vegetarians but they do that for health, taste reasons not moral ones.

It almost feels like I'm the only one (which can't be true as there is a Vegan restaurant so surely there is a market for it that isn't made up of just curious omnivores).
Coast to Coast Animal Friends do heaps of protests on the Gold Coast! I've made heaps of vegan friends going to those there! Maybe add the fb page so you can come along to some of the stuff and meet some new people?
I'm also a Brisbane V. happy
Govinda's Restaurants - Gold Coast and Burleigh Heads, and Brisbane.
They also hold mantra meditation get togethers.

Check out Govinda's Restaurant on the Gold Coast, and at Burleigh Heads.
All staff are morally devoted to not killing or eating any animal, fish or egg - as well as upholding many other moral and cleanly principles such as having a full bath before preparing food!!
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au