Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Raising Veg Babies/Children

Your thoughts...

1 - 4 of 4 posts

Neenzi Neenzi WA Posts: 94
1 26 Apr 2013
I have a four and a half month old and he will be starting solids soon. I would like to hear from people who have had children and are raising them as Vegan or Vegetarian and the experiences they have had, what kind of things do people say to you and how do you deal with it?
ReplyQuote

BFV BFV SA Posts: 138
2 26 Apr 2013
I'm not a parent, but I thought I'd share this cute song on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtkNJtJ9QKg
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
3 26 Apr 2013
Every meat eater who has ever had anything negative to say when I tell them that if I had any children, I'd raise them vegan has said the same thing: "You can't force your lifestyle on a child".

I always have the same response: "How is me raising my child with a vegan lifestyle any different from you raising yours with a meat eating lifestyle? You're still forcing your lifestyle on your child, it's just that your lifestyle is considered the "norm"."

You can raise a happy, healthy, veggie baby. I know of a couple of friends I met on this forum doing just that, and they have wonderful, strong, healthy children. happy
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
4 27 Apr 2013
I'm 23 weeks pregnant and as soon as people find out I'm vegan I automatically get 'what are you going to feed your baby?' Well I'll feed it food. Moron...! Anyway I say to them I wouldn't feed my child anything I wouldn't eat myself. Is that not the same for any other parent?

On a side note, when I told my OB that I was vegan she immediately freaked and made me a dietitian appointment. Had my first assessment and told them what I eat to which they replied 'your diet is perfect, we could not improve on it'. Pretty sure I was a nice change from the people who go in and say they eat Maccas everyday. Good on ya teenagers of Ballarat!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au