Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

hi! im new to unleashed

1 - 6 of 6 posts

JessieCarmichael JessieCarmichael WA Posts: 3
1 2 May 2013
Hi everyone! im new to unleashed and would love to make some new friends  peace

my name is jessie and im a 14 year old girl from western australia happy
i have been vegan for two years now, it all started when I was on a walk with my mum 2 years ago and we walked past two trucks filled with cattle, and i asked my mum where they were going...she explained they were going to a slaughterhouse and she told me all about how inhumane they treat them when they are exported overseas. The way one cow looked at me made me almost cry and well, I turned vegan like my mum *she was an animal activist!*
my mum, sadly, died when I was 13 and ever since then I turned into a full time animal activist just like my mum would have wanted me to! C:

I live out in the country with a big block of land with my 5 dogs that we have rescued from shelters & from the streets. I have a rottweiler named max //rescued from shelter//, Siberian Husky named Mishka //rescued from shelter//, a pitbull named Bella //we found her on the streets with cuts on her legs, we took her to the vet and fixed her all up ecstatic //, Blue heeler named Blue //rescued from shelter//, and a German shepherd named chupadogra (Chew-pa-dog-ra) (my little sisters named him that after they saw the movie Marmaduke) //rescued from shelter//

Well, that's just a bit about me..tell me about you happy
ReplyQuote

Jouliana Jouliana NSW Posts: 3
2 2 May 2013
I bet your mum would have been amazingly proud of you =) I have a german shephard too...best dog in the world (in my eyes at least :p)
Sadly we recently found out he has a brain tumour so not sure how much longer he'll be with us  sad but we'll cross that bridge when we get there

Keep up the good work with your veganism! I certainly wish I'd turned vegan that young
ReplyQuote

Kelsey1 MsDrago Kelsey1 MsDrago United States Posts: 818
3 3 May 2013
JessieCarmichael said:

Hi! You'll like unleashed. And I'm 12 happy
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
4 3 May 2013
Hi! ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Showbags Showbags QLD Posts: 162
5 3 May 2013
JessieCarmichael said:

i have been vegan for two years now, it all started when I was on a walk with my mum 2 years ago and we walked past two trucks filled with cattle, and i asked my mum where they were going...she explained they were going to a slaughterhouse and she told me all about how inhumane they treat them when they are exported overseas. The way one cow looked at me made me almost cry and well, I turned vegan like my mum *she was an animal activist!*
my mum, sadly, died when I was 13 and ever since then I turned into a full time animal activist just like my mum would have wanted me to! C:

I live out in the country with a big block of land with my 5 dogs that we have rescued from shelters & from the streets. I have a rottweiler named max //rescued from shelter//, Siberian Husky named Mishka //rescued from shelter//, a pitbull named Bella //we found her on the streets with cuts on her legs, we took her to the vet and fixed her all up ecstatic //, Blue heeler named Blue //rescued from shelter//, and a German shepherd named chupadogra (Chew-pa-dog-ra) (my little sisters named him that after they saw the movie Marmaduke) //rescued from shelter//

Welcome. So impressed that youngsters like yourselves (14 and 12) are animal activists already. I didn't even grow a brain till I was 20. Gives me hope for the next generation.

Your mum sounds like she was a great woman. I'm so sorry for your loss. She would definately be proud of your continued activism.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
6 4 May 2013
JessieCarmichael said:

So inspiring, I'm proud on behalf of your mum, and I bet if she is anywhere, she would have tears in her eyes to have brought a daughter as beautiful and compassionate as you into the world. xxx

My name is emma,
I'm 18, went vegetarian at the age of fifteen when I saw a Darren Cordeux expose on factory farming, funded by animals australia.
I recently, went vegan, on new years.
Don't have any pets, but I have a sea shepherd tattoo which has a whale and a dolphin on it, and a sparrow tattooed on my arm, does that count? wink

I'm also an animal activist, I volunteer for sea shepherd and float amongst other organisations when I can.
Currently running a campaign to remove baby pigs from a local restaurant's menu.

Love and peace to you my darling xxx
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au