Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Superfoods

(but not necessarily the ones marketed as superfoods)

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

Ariadne Ariadne SA Posts: 148
1 28 May 2013
Hello,
Recently I tried a muesli that contained raw cacoa, fancy mushrooms of some sort and lots of other goodies. It made me bounce off of walls from breakfast until 3pm.

What are some other vegan foods that give you alot of energy, are easy to pack for lunch and are really good for you? I'm trying to find anything that will give me more energy and I'm also trying to increase my intake of raw vegies. So far I love snow peas...what else is yum?
ReplyQuote

EmmaG89 EmmaG89 NSW Posts: 86
2 28 May 2013
I know it sounds dumb... but bananas. Bananas are like Berocca to me! And if you have it with peanut butter and agave syrup it's protein, fibre, sweet, salty, everything all in one go! But I'm not sure if it's a superfood lol. Maybe just super to me lol.
ReplyQuote

3 28 May 2013
EmmaG89 said:
I know it sounds dumb... but bananas. Bananas are like Berocca to me! And if you have it with peanut butter and agave syrup it's protein, fibre, sweet, salty, everything all in one go! But I'm not sure if it's a superfood lol. Maybe just super to me lol.
That is the kind of advice I'm looking for, thanks! I can't afford actual "superfoods", I'm just looking for things to eat at work that will give me heaps of energy. Things that don't involve chocolate!

(but I won't really mind if they do...)
ReplyQuote

AC AZZA AC AZZA VIC Posts: 158
4 28 May 2013
Ey I always keep a packet of nuts for me as if I am low on energy and food and dnt wanna spend extra cash i can just snack on them!
Great protein source!
ReplyQuote

Nobody1 Nobody1 Afghanistan Posts: 3
5 29 May 2013
Can I ask the name of that cereal?
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
7 29 May 2013
I find salad sandwiches full of green leaves and other yummy veges totally give me energy. Only trouble for me is now that it's getting colder I'm not eating as much of those salady type things.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
8 29 May 2013
Gotta second Bananas! They're perfect for me. Today I woke up 30 minutes before work started and the quickest thing available to eat on the go was a ripe banana. Kept me going for my whole shift (When usually with so little time to wake up I'd be tired and slow all day), Kept me happy enough to keep smiling at my boss and customers and full enough so that I wasn't distracted from work by day dreaming about food lol.

Also, for me, scrambled tofu (one part flour, one part vegan chicken stock, one part nutritional yest) on two slices of bread with one whole avocado spread on them, topped with some more nutritional yeast and pepper. But that's probably just me lol
ReplyQuote

9 30 May 2013
Thanks for all of your replies happy

The muesli type stuff is called Living Intentions Cereal Superfoods (aka ADHD in a plastic bag).

http://www.shop.livingintentions.com/product.sc?productId=53

I really need to change my eating habits, I am a chronic grazer and the only meal I eat regularly is breakfast. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
ReplyQuote

Nobody1 Nobody1 Afghanistan Posts: 3
10 30 May 2013
Ariadne said:
Thanks for all of your replies happy

The muesli type stuff is called Living Intentions Cereal Superfoods (aka ADHD in a plastic bag).

http://www.shop.livingintentions.com/product.sc?productId=53

I really need to change my eating habits, I am a chronic grazer and the only meal I eat regularly is breakfast. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Thanks for that, shame It can't be purchased here though

I'd have to say my fav. breakie would be banana and peanut butter smoothie with rice milk, or a bowl of muesli with heaps of fruit both keep me going till lunchtime, smoothie even longer

Have recently bought some chickpea flour which Is high In protein and such a versatile ingredient, and am going to try making an omelette
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au