Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Piercings?

31 - 40 of 48 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

f3xstar f3xstar NSW Posts: 212
31 2 Dec 2009
Amelia! said:
Matt.Y said:
i don't know heaps about piercings, but i suppose if you know you're not going to have holes in your holes for the rest of your life... go for it!

hmmmm, i'm not sure how you could do it without parental conscent. unless you pay some stranger like $50 to go with you pretending to be your parent? haha. they wouldn't have to say anything... it's not like body piercers ask for your family tree or anything. that's the only only thing i can think of atm.... unless you have one cool, crazy uncle or something lol.

but yeh, be careful of permanent changes to your face. like with tattoos, they're easy to conceal for certain occassions... facial holes not so much tongue but saying that, i reallllllllllllllllllly like neck tattoos. though i don't think i'd do that to my mum. hah.
I wonder how old you have to be to get them by yourself =/ I've know people who went to a piercing shop and got piercings when they were about 16 or something. Either the legal age is 16 or they went to a dodgy shop xD All of my family members are squares who are completely close minded Dx

The thing with piercings is, that if you decide you don't want them anymore, you can take them out. Tattoos... well, your kinda stuck with 'em xD When some people take out piercings, the holes don't close in, but the majority of people that I've known that have taken out piercings, the holes have completely healed. Plus, I took out my earings for about 2 weeks once and the holes were almost completely filled in (re-piercing them myself wasn't a very enjoyable task >.< )
ur not quite stuck with tats as much as u think u r. theres a new ink called infinitink that arrived in australia a few months ago. its permanent but u can remove it easily.
ReplyQuote

Ancksu Ancksu SA Posts: 190
32 2 Dec 2009
Yeah. I've had almost everything pierced. Now, all i've got (that I shall mention) is inside my ears, tongue and belly. I used to have about 16 piercings. Half of 'em I did myself too. (Not encouraged). But if you're a germaphobe, then just keep your skin clean. It's really that simple. Beach is awesome for that.
But you gotta remember, piercings are a trend.
So are you getting it done cos you love it, or cos you know you're gonna get a reaction from it?
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
33 3 Dec 2009
f3xstar said:
other alternative is getting a sterilised needle and ice and doing it homestyle!
but seriously consider the pros and cons before doing the piercing!!!
Ugh. is that a joke?... I'm sorry, but that is terrible advice to give someone, esp someone just getting into piercings.
Piercing yourself is, sorry to say, but completely idiotic! Unless of course you're a trained piercer, understand the body & placement of veins, have sterile needles and jewellry etc.
Piercing yourself is just asking for trouble. You can hit a veins, cause infections etc, not to mention, just do a terribly poor job!
Honestly, if you want to get pierced, just fork out the bit of cash and have it done by a professional. yeesh.
ReplyQuote

Rosie Wolf Rosie Wolf VIC Posts: 163
34 3 Dec 2009
f3xstar said:
ur not quite stuck with tats as much as u think u r. theres a new ink called infinitink that arrived in australia a few months ago. its permanent but u can remove it easily.
Infinitink is easier to remove, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to get rid of it completely.
If the thought of having a tattoo forever is what turns you off, then don't get one, it's as simple as that. Tattoos are made to be permanent.
If you want something more temporary, why not have some fun with temporary ink! I have tattoos and am on my way to being a tattoo artist, but i still play with henna! ^_^
Its a great way to just have some fun expressing yourself with your body, and not stressing about if you'll love it in 20 years. I just do it when i'm bored, with friends, for people at special events or sometimes to get a visual of a tattoo i'm designing. Its natual, cheap as chips and only lasts 2 weeks, or longer if you want, just by reapplying.
ReplyQuote

Shoogs Shoogs QLD Posts: 114
35 4 Jan 2010
jayjay said:
no i wouldn't get them in ur mouth - i've just heard too many horror stories about it
but get ur ears done again,
i would so get my belly button pierced exept for the scary infection stories that come with that as well
I had my navel pierced when I was 16/17 and I am now unfortunately one of those people with a scary infection story, despite having looked after it and cleaned it like I was supposed to. It was so damn painful and I had to see the doctor and get medication...  it just never healed. I have no idea why sad

But despite that experience, I'm going through a stage where I want more piercings again. I'm thinking of getting my helix done but I've heard scary stories about lumps and scars and the area not healing properly because of limited blood flow. And I'm freaked out about the pain :p I'm such a wuss :p
ReplyQuote

Civ. Civ. VIC Posts: 1
36 4 Jan 2010
Piercings don't hurt at all, and if you actually take care of them they shouldn't get infected or anything. I've had many in my time. But i suggest you do not get snake bites done, it's incredibly unnatractive and you'll just be called a little scene kid haha.
ReplyQuote

37 4 Jan 2010
Civ. said:
Piercings don't hurt at all, and if you actually take care of them they shouldn't get infected or anything. I've had many in my time. But i suggest you do not get snake bites done, it's incredibly unnatractive and you'll just be called a little scene kid haha.
Really? Mine hurt like a b*tch.  But I guess it more depends on what your gettin' done hey?
ReplyQuote

38 4 Jan 2010
Raah said:
f3xstar said:
Infinitink is easier to remove, but that doesn't mean you'll be able to get rid of it completely.
If the thought of having a tattoo forever is what turns you off, then don't get one, it's as simple as that. Tattoos are made to be permanent.
If you want something more temporary, why not have some fun with temporary ink! I have tattoos and am on my way to being a tattoo artist, but i still play with henna! ^_^
Its a great way to just have some fun expressing yourself with your body, and not stressing about if you'll love it in 20 years. I just do it when i'm bored, with friends, for people at special events or sometimes to get a visual of a tattoo i'm designing. Its natual, cheap as chips and only lasts 2 weeks, or longer if you want, just by reapplying.
Yeah. Tattoos are meant to be fun.
So seriously, if you're dwelling on the thought that it's gonna suck in 20 years then you don't deserve one! Cos all tattoos that are 20 years old are gonna look crap.
But who cares.
At least it rocked when you got it.
So long as its something you love, the rest is just affording it.
peace
ReplyQuote

- Kitty Freak - - Kitty Freak - SA Posts: 1071
39 4 Jan 2010
ive got my labret done happy My first piercing (as in..i dont even have my ears done) and i was scared shitless. And yes it hurt like a bitch!! >.<
Awhile after that i got my eyebrow done. didnt hurt nearly as much..but i had to take it out cause i was so clumsy i hit it all the effing time and it got horribly infected that it went purple ._. the bump is still there ><

I TRIED to get my vertical labret done..but the girl who did it hadnt even heard of a vertical! after taking 20 mins to get the dots in the right place..she placed the clamp on my lip, pushed the needle through and goes 'its not coming through" then proceeds to keep pushing and pushing til i was like take it out!! then shes like "oh, it hit the clamp." SHE F**KING PUSHED THE NEEDLE WAY TOO FAR BACK -.- f**king hurt..and i was f**king annoyed..
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
40 4 Jan 2010
Geez that's sounds awful Freaky sad

I have 11 piercings in my ears and my navel. Nothing exciting. My navel healed very quickly - I got it done in Sept and at xmas I bought myself a new bar and changed it over. Never had any probs. Not with my ears also. Very lucky ^__^
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au