Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Piercings?

41 - 48 of 48 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Ancksu Ancksu SA Posts: 190
41 5 Jan 2010
- Vegan Freak - said:
ive got my labret done happy My first piercing (as in..i dont even have my ears done) and i was scared shitless. And yes it hurt like a bitch!! >.<
Awhile after that i got my eyebrow done. didnt hurt nearly as much..but i had to take it out cause i was so clumsy i hit it all the effing time and it got horribly infected that it went purple ._. the bump is still there ><

I TRIED to get my vertical labret done..but the girl who did it hadnt even heard of a vertical! after taking 20 mins to get the dots in the right place..she placed the clamp on my lip, pushed the needle through and goes 'its not coming through" then proceeds to keep pushing and pushing til i was like take it out!! then shes like "oh, it hit the clamp." SHE F**KING PUSHED THE NEEDLE WAY TOO FAR BACK -.- f**king hurt..and i was f**king annoyed..
Heh, that sucks. I've heard stories like that. In those cases, all you can really do is swear at the person and threaten their licence... =) But yeah, nah- if your piercing's infected, don't take it out, cos then the infection stays and turns into a scar tissue sort of effect. Piercings are fun. For a while anyway.
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
42 5 Jan 2010
Amelia! said:
I wonder how old you have to be to get them by yourself =/
16 for any 'regular' piercing
18 for anything below the belt or on the chest (i dont see why anyone would want that anyway, but whatever floats ya boat i guess)

So yeah, my parents are a pretty relaxed couple and allowed my navel pierced for my 14th bday. Im not a piercing addict, but apart from that its just my earlobes done twice.
HOWEVER (and Im quite excited about this) my sister dearest has agreed to fund, for my 16th bday present, my future hip piercings. I've seen hip piercings before and they look preeetay coolio (Y) might google it now.
ReplyQuote

Shoogs Shoogs QLD Posts: 114
43 5 Jan 2010
.ellehcoR said:
Amelia! said:
I wonder how old you have to be to get them by yourself =/
16 for any 'regular' piercing
18 for anything below the belt or on the chest (i dont see why anyone would want that anyway, but whatever floats ya boat i guess)

So yeah, my parents are a pretty relaxed couple and allowed my navel pierced for my 14th bday. Im not a piercing addict, but apart from that its just my earlobes done twice.
HOWEVER (and Im quite excited about this) my sister dearest has agreed to fund, for my 16th bday present, my future hip piercings. I've seen hip piercings before and they look preeetay coolio (Y) might google it now.
I like hip piercings too! Have been researching heaps about dermals.... decisions, decisions! happy
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
44 3 Mar 2010
I'm a pretty big piercing enthusiast, I've had many a piercings in my face, I don't really agree that they're painful, or that you should even bother with a numbing agent, seeing as they really don't work.

For anyone out there thinking about getting their ears pierced DO NOT get it done with a gun! You wonder why you remember it hurting so much as a child? Because they pierce your ear by shooting the stud straight through your lobe. Look at the back of your studs... those things are blunt. Scar tissue ftw. Get it done with a needle, way less painful happy I have my ears stretched to 30mm and the 20 odd stretches it took me to get them to that size does not compare the the pain of gunning your ears. I promise!

Apart from that, parents are pretty dead against piercings, my mom agreed to let me get my nose pierced when I turned 16, and she hated it. From then on in I just started coming home with piercings in my face, and amazingly, she had the most problem with my septum piercing, which you could never see, and I wouldn't have to worry about everyone seeing the scar (it's the piercing inside your nose)
I wouldn't tell anyone to go about getting piercings the same way I did.. I stressed out my mom heaps. Talk to them about it first! at least that way they don't have a heart attack when they see you with two rings in your lip.

They don't want us to scar up our pretty little faces happy
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
45 3 Mar 2010
Squid said:
- Vegan Freak - said:
ive got my labret done happy My first piercing (as in..i dont even have my ears done) and i was scared shitless. And yes it hurt like a bitch!! >.<
Awhile after that i got my eyebrow done. didnt hurt nearly as much..but i had to take it out cause i was so clumsy i hit it all the effing time and it got horribly infected that it went purple ._. the bump is still there ><

I TRIED to get my vertical labret done..but the girl who did it hadnt even heard of a vertical! after taking 20 mins to get the dots in the right place..she placed the clamp on my lip, pushed the needle through and goes 'its not coming through" then proceeds to keep pushing and pushing til i was like take it out!! then shes like "oh, it hit the clamp." SHE F**KING PUSHED THE NEEDLE WAY TOO FAR BACK -.- f**king hurt..and i was f**king annoyed..
Heh, that sucks. I've heard stories like that. In those cases, all you can really do is swear at the person and threaten their licence... =) But yeah, nah- if your piercing's infected, don't take it out, cos then the infection stays and turns into a scar tissue sort of effect. Piercings are fun. For a while anyway.
Well, if she didn't know what it was, was it really a smart idea to get it done by her? I had my cheeks pierced 3 times incorrectly and my lip and conch pierced incorrectly by a trainee, and, but seeing as the piercer fixed them everytime free of charge, I can't complain. But I'm a sucker for that particular pain, so I guess I got my moneys worth.

If they correct the problem, you can't really get them in trouble. Their license is only a certificate in health safety and hygiene basically. So unless you contract aids or your lip gets paralysed.. good luck.
ReplyQuote

emileee emileee NSW Posts: 514
46 3 Mar 2010
i really want to get a chest dermal peircing .. they look so awesome (:
ReplyQuote

Rhys Rhys NSW Posts: 1
47 5 Mar 2017
This post is fairly old, but still valid happy hairhouse warehouse USED to send their piercing trainees to a eze pierce course (which made said piercers not learn correctly) i myself was tought by a good friend of mine and a fantastic professional piercer, i currently work at a hairhouse warehouse (which is unfortunate in most cases, but a good way to further build clientel) ive been piercing for 3 years total and was only of recent where i got a job at hairhouse, in the aspect of us piercers not being at our full potential i can see where the terrible work comes in, that being said not everyone is perfect and ive foxed quite a bit of piercings from local studios, unfortunately there is no governmently recognised qualification for body piercing in australia so anyone can pick up a needle, make sure you do your research and pick the right piercer! Any piercer who doesnt have their own social media account for themselves is not confident enough to do the job!
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
48 5 Mar 2017
Lots of good info here - (personally, you look good just as you are happy )

http://www.bpaa.com.au/client_support_13.html
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au