Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Piercings?

1 - 10 of 48 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
1 21 Nov 2009
First off... I HAVE RETURNED!! I was gone for a while, but now I'm back to annoy you all 8D

Anyway, back on track now. I've just heard a lot of talk about piercings lately (e.g. at school, on several other sites I go on, in my family etc) and I've just always been interested in them. I know there are people who hate them, and there are people who love them. I'm considering getting my ears pierced again (my mother suggested it to me the other day) and for the past few years, I've been thinking about getting 'snake bites' done (for those of you who don't know, they're the two lip piercings - one on either side of your bottom lip). I probably won't end up getting those done though, because I know my parents would freak out if I ever did get them (and theres the fact that they'd never agree). Anyone know ways around this? Plus, I'm a major germ freak and I'd be paranoid about infection xD Anywho, as you can tell, I'm particularly bored. Hence the creation of this thread. Anyone else have opinions/stories about piercings? Stupid topic I know, but hey xD

TL;DR:
I'm bored, considering getting piercings. Thoughts/personal stories/opinions?
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 21 Nov 2009
i don't know heaps about piercings, but i suppose if you know you're not going to have holes in your holes for the rest of your life... go for it!

hmmmm, i'm not sure how you could do it without parental conscent. unless you pay some stranger like $50 to go with you pretending to be your parent? haha. they wouldn't have to say anything... it's not like body piercers ask for your family tree or anything. that's the only only thing i can think of atm.... unless you have one cool, crazy uncle or something lol.

but yeh, be careful of permanent changes to your face. like with tattoos, they're easy to conceal for certain occassions... facial holes not so much tongue but saying that, i reallllllllllllllllllly like neck tattoos. though i don't think i'd do that to my mum. hah.
ReplyQuote

3 21 Nov 2009
Matt.Y said:
i don't know heaps about piercings, but i suppose if you know you're not going to have holes in your holes for the rest of your life... go for it!

hmmmm, i'm not sure how you could do it without parental conscent. unless you pay some stranger like $50 to go with you pretending to be your parent? haha. they wouldn't have to say anything... it's not like body piercers ask for your family tree or anything. that's the only only thing i can think of atm.... unless you have one cool, crazy uncle or something lol.

but yeh, be careful of permanent changes to your face. like with tattoos, they're easy to conceal for certain occassions... facial holes not so much tongue but saying that, i reallllllllllllllllllly like neck tattoos. though i don't think i'd do that to my mum. hah.
I wonder how old you have to be to get them by yourself =/ I've know people who went to a piercing shop and got piercings when they were about 16 or something. Either the legal age is 16 or they went to a dodgy shop xD All of my family members are squares who are completely close minded Dx

The thing with piercings is, that if you decide you don't want them anymore, you can take them out. Tattoos... well, your kinda stuck with 'em xD When some people take out piercings, the holes don't close in, but the majority of people that I've known that have taken out piercings, the holes have completely healed. Plus, I took out my earings for about 2 weeks once and the holes were almost completely filled in (re-piercing them myself wasn't a very enjoyable task >.< )
ReplyQuote

The Fever The Fever SA Posts: 27
4 21 Nov 2009
I've got a couple - my ears mainly.

If you're planning to get anything in your ears that isn't your earlobes (your upper ear etc), don't let them use the gun to do it!!
If they hit anything (capillary in my case haha) it has to be taken out, and it takes forever to heal. I had a bad experience there!
Plus its essentially a blunt object being shoved through.. :S

Umm, one of my friends has her lip done, and I went with her when she did it. It was pretty cool to watch actually!
If you do decide to do it, take a friend with you that isn't funny around blood or anything - you don't want them fainting half way through! happy

If you look after it while its healing, the chances of it getting infected are pretty slim. The piercer should tell you how to clean it after they do it.
I'd recommend Hairhouse Warehouse - I think they have stores in QLD? I get all of mine done there.

As for the legal age.. In South Australia, you have to be 16 before you can get anything done without your paren't permission. In QLD, I'd assume its a similar law.. The best way to find out it to just go to a store and ask them..

happy
ReplyQuote

5 21 Nov 2009
The Fever said:
I've got a couple - my ears mainly.

If you're planning to get anything in your ears that isn't your earlobes (your upper ear etc), don't let them use the gun to do it!!
If they hit anything (capillary in my case haha) it has to be taken out, and it takes forever to heal. I had a bad experience there!
Plus its essentially a blunt object being shoved through.. :S

Umm, one of my friends has her lip done, and I went with her when she did it. It was pretty cool to watch actually!
If you do decide to do it, take a friend with you that isn't funny around blood or anything - you don't want them fainting half way through! happy

If you look after it while its healing, the chances of it getting infected are pretty slim. The piercer should tell you how to clean it after they do it.
I'd recommend Hairhouse Warehouse - I think they have stores in QLD? I get all of mine done there.

As for the legal age.. In South Australia, you have to be 16 before you can get anything done without your paren't permission. In QLD, I'd assume its a similar law.. The best way to find out it to just go to a store and ask them..

happy
Thank-you so much for all of your advice ^^ I have 'normal' earrings in my ear lobe at the moment (I got them done when I was 5?) and I want to get my ears done again. You know how people have two piercings in their ear lobes? Sorry I suck at explaining things xD Yea, I've heard bad stories about piercing guns. Like they can't be properly sterilised or something? I've got a couple of friends with lip piercings. Appart from the germ factor (which I don't think I'd have any troubles with infection - I'd keep it as clean as possible!) I've heard it can erode your teeth and push down your gum line. Oww Dx But my friends haven't had any issues with this so far (they've had their lip rings in for a few years now. Maybe that gumline stuff is only if you get it pierced in the wrong spot?) We might have that place here - I'm just extremely lazy and haven't ever really bothered looking for piercing places (as I said earlier, I've only got my ears pierced and I haven't really thought seriously about getting more piercings until now).
ReplyQuote

6 21 Nov 2009
Amelia! said:
Thank-you so much for all of your advice ^^ I have 'normal' earrings in my ear lobe at the moment (I got them done when I was 5?) and I want to get my ears done again. You know how people have two piercings in their ear lobes? Sorry I suck at explaining things xD Yea, I've heard bad stories about piercing guns. Like they can't be properly sterilised or something? I've got a couple of friends with lip piercings. Appart from the germ factor (which I don't think I'd have any troubles with infection - I'd keep it as clean as possible!) I've heard it can erode your teeth and push down your gum line. Oww Dx But my friends haven't had any issues with this so far (they've had their lip rings in for a few years now. Maybe that gumline stuff is only if you get it pierced in the wrong spot?) We might have that place here - I'm just extremely lazy and haven't ever really bothered looking for piercing places (as I said earlier, I've only got my ears pierced and I haven't really thought seriously about getting more piercings until now).
Yeah, i've got two in my lobes too happy

If you're worried about the dental stuff, you can talk to the piercer before they do it - ask them any questions.
If they don't give you satisfactory answers, you can go somewhere else! happy

Anyway, if you decide to do it, good luck! happy
ReplyQuote

7 21 Nov 2009
Also, not having had piercings since I was 5, I'm completely unaware and can't seem to find the answer for this anywhere. Do they put numming cream on the area before they pierce it? I don't remember xD
ReplyQuote

8 21 Nov 2009
The Fever said:
Amelia! said:
Yeah, i've got two in my lobes too happy

If you're worried about the dental stuff, you can talk to the piercer before they do it - ask them any questions.
If they don't give you satisfactory answers, you can go somewhere else! happy

Anyway, if you decide to do it, good luck! happy
Thank-you very much for all of your help ^^ I think I want to get my lobes done again, but I'm still unsure if my parents will permit the snake bites xD
ReplyQuote

9 21 Nov 2009
Amelia! said:
Also, not having had piercings since I was 5, I'm completely unaware and can't seem to find the answer for this anywhere. Do they put numming cream on the area before they pierce it? I don't remember xD
Generally, no. Most places don't do it (something about it messes around with the nerves or something?)
I wouldn't worry too much - it doesn't hurt too bad! happy
ReplyQuote

10 21 Nov 2009
The Fever said:
Amelia! said:
Generally, no. Most places don't do it (something about it messes around with the nerves or something?)
I wouldn't worry too much - it doesn't hurt too bad! happy
Ahh ok, fair enough. I just remember it hurting. Maybe that's because I was a little kid xD But when I had them done, I think they used a piercing gun (I heard that the needles are a much better way of doing it?) Ehh, I'm sure it won't be too bad xD
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).