Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Stardust Circus and other Animal Circus's

Australia's largest (CRUELTY) Animal Circus

1 - 10 of 10 posts

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
1 19 Jun 2013
Stardust Circus is traveling around sydney, and im appauled to read that they have animals performing there. There are lions, horses and monkeys and even a lion cub to take pictures of.

What course of action can i do to try and stop circuses with animals? Who should i try and contact?
ReplyQuote

*Steph* *Steph* VIC Posts: 363
2 19 Jun 2013
Maybe try and organize a peaceful protest? There might already be one organized, maybe contact local welfare groups? Animal Liberation? There is a petition/letter somewhere on here calling for them to be banned. Check out the Take Action Team Alerts thingy.
ReplyQuote

Amy Amy VIC Posts: 163
3 19 Jun 2013
Unleashed Admin
I know right. I can't believe that they are still using animals. So unnecessary. Are you based in Sydney? Stardust is going to be in Tempe from the 28th. I used to live near there and driving past those poor lions in cages would ruin my day.

Stardust often put flyers in letter boxes, local businesses and billboards etc. I always reckon the best thing to do is to counter this by doing your own leafleting, informing people of the realities of animal circuses. Here's a link to the AA animal circus campaign pack http://www.animalsaustralia.org/take_action/downloads.php?download=29

Another good thing to do is get in touch with your local council and urge them to ban animal circuses. Heaps of Australian councils have already done so but Marrickville Council is not one of them unfortunately sad
ReplyQuote

Sol Sol NSW Posts: 26
5 19 Jun 2013
Amy said:
I know right. I can't believe that they are still using animals. So unnecessary. Are you based in Sydney? Stardust is going to be in Tempe from the 28th. I used to live near there and driving past those poor lions in cages would ruin my day.

Stardust often put flyers in letter boxes, local businesses and billboards etc. I always reckon the best thing to do is to counter this by doing your own leafleting, informing people of the realities of animal circuses. Here's a link to the AA animal circus campaign pack http://www.animalsaustralia.org/take_action/downloads.php?download=29

Another good thing to do is get in touch with your local council and urge them to ban animal circuses. Heaps of Australian councils have already done so but Marrickville Council is not one of them unfortunately sad
Thank you, i'm going to print these out, i hate animal circuses and they always come to my area.
ReplyQuote

Amy Amy VIC Posts: 163
6 20 Jun 2013
Unleashed Admin
Hi guys, for those Sydney-based I just got a reply back from Marrickville Council and they said that Cahill Park in Tempe is actually part of Rockdale City Council jurisdiction. Marrickville Council does not permit circuses in the area. Sorry for the misinformation. I've hit up Rockdale Council now so see what they have to say happy
ReplyQuote

Theodora Theodora VIC Posts: 47
7 20 Jun 2013
je ne comprends pas said:
There's one in my area called the Great Moscow Circus. Never heard of it. Anyone know what type of circus it is? I think I saw ponies there...?
The Great Moscow Circus is from Russia, and I recently read an article about their trained miniature ponies- and I've heard that they have other animals as well...
ReplyQuote

Taxidermied Baphomet Taxidermied Baphomet NSW Posts: 292
8 21 Jun 2013
Amy said:
Hi guys, for those Sydney-based I just got a reply back from Marrickville Council and they said that Cahill Park in Tempe is actually part of Rockdale City Council jurisdiction. Marrickville Council does not permit circuses in the area. Sorry for the misinformation. I've hit up Rockdale Council now so see what they have to say happy
Thats weird, isnt condell park part of Marrickville council? they had Webbers Circus there only a month or so ago, and they had dogs and ponies there
ReplyQuote

Lani1 Lani1 NSW Posts: 1
9 31 Oct 2014
I am 11years of age I have always loved lions and all animals, the pass few years I have seen adverts for "stardust circus." I do not no much about the circus but Ever since I have noticed the adds I was appalled at the condition that the lions were kept in, there was nothing wrong with the cleanliness of where they were being kept but it was how small the cage was and that they had about 3 lions in there. I do not now if there is some sort of base that the circus have a better and more bigger encloser but the footage of where they were being kept that I saw the lions, all in the same cage was very small . Right now stardust circus are doing a few shows in australia so there have been many adds I can not bear to watch, not just the lions but the goats, monkeys and pigs etc being made to do all these tricks to entertain families,wild animals and even domestic pets should not be for human entertainment and I would hope that most parents wouldn't want their children growing up thinking it's ok to treat animals as "show ponies". I would like to know if any one knows a way of contacting stardust circus directly to tell them that an 11year old knows better that to treat wild animals this way or if someone could tell me the conditions that they are kept in when not doing shows because I am not 100% sure.
ReplyQuote

Jaime_angel Jaime_angel VIC Posts: 3
10 2 Nov 2014
I am embarrassed to say I went to star dust circus a loooong time ago. Even before my veg-ucation etc. I knew it was wrong but peer pressure and curiosity got the better of me. (I'm just glad I wasn't the one who bought the tickets)
I hated the lions in cages as expected but was appalled at the pony rides. The ponies are quite clearly foundered and their hooves were in a shocking state! At least 3 were dead lame and their girths ( if you could call them that) was bailing twine. For non-horsey people- that's the string that is used to bale hay. Not only would that be cutting the skin but serious safety hazard to the kids sitting in the makeshift saddles.
I left at that moment in a huff with a complaint that probably went unnoticed and being called a party pooper.
Now I make sure I always  remind everyone how horrid travelling circus' are.
On a side note when I thought it couldn't get any worse... I watched a video of a travelling marine circus in Indonesia with otters, seals and even dolphins... !! sad!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au