Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Affordable cruelty-free makeup

Anyone know of any good, cheap-ish brands available in Australia.

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

JKORULESOK JKORULESOK VIC Posts: 15
1 24 Jul 2013
Hey everyone,

I wear makeup very rarely and thus am still using up old stores of my old mascara, blush and lipsticks but I want to restock sooner rather than later ... does anyone have any suggestions for  good quality, vegan cosmetics that don't cost the world and are readily available in Australia? I've obviously googled this subject and found quite a bit of info regarding brands but I'de like to hear from people that have already used the products and have some favourites so I know they're good happy
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
2 24 Jul 2013
https://veganbeauty.com.au/
http://www.elfcosmetics.com.au/ (only thing that isn't vegan is the essentials brushes)
There is also face of australia, nude by nature, natio all in priceline! (you will have to check the ingredients on some of the items as not all are vegan) if you email any of them they will send you a vegan list!
Lush also have vegan eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick etc! and i'm pretty sure the cheapo brand bys has some vegan mascaras! for like $3-5 haha
ReplyQuote

Dr Frizzy Dr Frizzy SA Posts: 7
3 25 Jul 2013
Since you've done some research already, I'll skip straight to personal experience;
ELF definitely fits the "cheap" category while still being pretty good. You might like their blushes; their powders work well. The only issue would be finding stockists with a good range, although most of their Australian stores are in Victoria so you're in luck there.
I tried Face of Australia and wasn't really impressed. It was affordable, but not what I would call cheap. Their mineral powder foundation and eyeshadow are both poorly pigmented, offering weak coverage; so judging from that I'd say their blushes would be more of the same. Their liquid eyeliner is excellent, though, if you wear it.
You mentioned lipstick, so I recommend looking at Lush's lip tints. They're super pigmented, affordable, and very pretty; it's hard to find vegan lip products so these are excellent. Not all of their lip balms/tints are vegan, though. Their mascara is vegan too, and considering how expensive vegan mascara can be, it's quite affordable. Not waterproof but works well and is good for sensitive eyes. The stubby wand is a little unwieldy, though.
ReplyQuote

XxCxX XxCxX SA Posts: 18
4 25 Jul 2013
Australis. It's in Kmart and some Pricelines   banana

here is a list of their vegan products
http://www.australiscosmetics.com.au/documents/Australis_Vegan_Friendly_Products.pdf
ReplyQuote

Tammie2 Tammie2 VIC Posts: 3
5 26 Jul 2013
Hey
I've changed my makeup brand to Nude by Nature. It seems reasonable.
happy
ReplyQuote

6 29 Jul 2013
Wolf said:
https://veganbeauty.com.au/
http://www.elfcosmetics.com.au/ (only thing that isn't vegan is the essentials brushes)
There is also face of australia, nude by nature, natio all in priceline! (you will have to check the ingredients on some of the items as not all are vegan) if you email any of them they will send you a vegan list!
Lush also have vegan eyeliner, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick etc! and i'm pretty sure the cheapo brand bys has some vegan mascaras! for like $3-5 haha
Thanks SO much! Huge help happy
ReplyQuote

7 29 Jul 2013
Dr Frizzy said:
Since you've done some research already, I'll skip straight to personal experience;
ELF definitely fits the "cheap" category while still being pretty good. You might like their blushes; their powders work well. The only issue would be finding stockists with a good range, although most of their Australian stores are in Victoria so you're in luck there.
I tried Face of Australia and wasn't really impressed. It was affordable, but not what I would call cheap. Their mineral powder foundation and eyeshadow are both poorly pigmented, offering weak coverage; so judging from that I'd say their blushes would be more of the same. Their liquid eyeliner is excellent, though, if you wear it.
You mentioned lipstick, so I recommend looking at Lush's lip tints. They're super pigmented, affordable, and very pretty; it's hard to find vegan lip products so these are excellent. Not all of their lip balms/tints are vegan, though. Their mascara is vegan too, and considering how expensive vegan mascara can be, it's quite affordable. Not waterproof but works well and is good for sensitive eyes. The stubby wand is a little unwieldy, though.
Thanks so, so much! I've been meaning to sus Lush for ages but just keep forgetting, I'll use this to motivate me to get off my ass and go in to a store! happy
ReplyQuote

Dr Frizzy Dr Frizzy SA Posts: 7
8 30 Jul 2013
JKORULESOK said:
Thanks so, so much! I've been meaning to sus Lush for ages but just keep forgetting, I'll use this to motivate me to get off my ass and go in to a store! happy
I'm glad you found it useful! Lush is the best. As soon as you go there you'll be descended upon by helpful and friendly assistants, haha. I'm sure you'll find something lovely!
ReplyQuote

PM PM VIC Posts: 1
9 1 Aug 2013
For the best creulty free and animal product free cosmetics, skin care and cleaning supplies use Nutrimetics. Go to www.nutrimetics.com.au/pmccabe
ReplyQuote

Ronnie Ronnie QLD Posts: 205
10 1 Aug 2013
My Mum used to sell Nutri-metics. She tried to tell me they're animal product free; but I read ingredients. I saw many animal ingredients. Although probably still cruelty-free.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au