Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

RSPCA Cupcake Day Fundraiser

Help me raise some money for the animals !!!

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

Bats Killjoy Bats Killjoy NSW Posts: 21
1 8 Aug 2013
Hey guys,

I'm completely new to this, first time even on a forum really..

Anyway, I'm participating in the RSPCA Cupcake Day fundraiser, raising money for animals suffering from animal abuse.

I'll be selling cupcakes from my house in Westmead (Sydney) from 10am on the 17th of August until the 19th of August.

This is my Support Page:
https://cupcakeday-nsw2013.everydayhero.com/au/batskilljoy
All the information you need is there -----^

If anyone in the Sydney region would be keen to comedown, eat some cupcakes and kick animal abuse in the butt, just let me know and I can forward you more information ecstatic

facebook: Bats Raptor
twitter: @batskilljoy
email:
ReplyQuote

XxCxX XxCxX SA Posts: 18
2 8 Aug 2013
That sounds great!  banana

I was thinking about doing this too, but I have heard that the RSPCA is not a good company sad
but if it saves lives..
What are your opinions on the RSPCA?
ReplyQuote

3 8 Aug 2013
I've been meaning to do it for years but finally decided to go for it this year.

The RSPCA have gotten a bad rap over the past few years (so I've heard), but with funds raised with the Cupcake Day go towards putting more money to animal safety and the prevention of animal abuse; for example (the RSPCA gave me this bit of info with the Cupcake Day Host kit thinggy)..
- A $100 donation could mean subsidized medical treatment for an injured pet.
- A $60 donation provides warm bedding and lamps to keep a stray puppy warm.
- A $50 donation subsidizes the emergency boarding costs of the animals of victims of domestic abuse.
- A $40 donation will microchip a dog or cat so they can always find their way home.
- A $30 donation provides bales of hay to feel animals under the RSCPAs care.
- A $10 donation can buy a cat an enrichment toy to assist in behavioral development.

I don't know tonnes of info on the RSPCA (as bad as that sounds) but I'm in it for the cause (: The more participants, the more money raised and the more chance it has to make an impact - even if its really small and for the RSPCA lol tongue

I'm really excited about doing the fundraiser in anycase, because I love to bake! And to top that its for a great cause no matter what organisation you're representing (Y)!
(If Unleashed did a Cupcake Day or Bake Off or whatever I would be into it just as much) haha (:
ReplyQuote

Sol Sol NSW Posts: 26
4 12 Aug 2013
The cupcakes they usually sell have egg and milk in them.
So much for all creatures great and small.
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
6 13 Aug 2013
I am also hosting one at my work. I am making over 200 cupcakes. All vegan happy
I have held one now 3 years in a row. If you need any advice, let me know.
ReplyQuote

8 13 Aug 2013
Sol said:
The cupcakes they usually sell have egg and milk in them.
So much for all creatures great and small.
I have to bake the cupcakes myself actually, and ill be making vegan friendly cakes. Thanks.
ReplyQuote

9 13 Aug 2013
My friend gave me a vegan cook book with some amazing recipes.

It's kind of daunting because I'm only a vegetarian; and before my throat is jumped down for "not saving animals" last time I tried to be a vegan I almost died from not being educated enough.. I don't drink milk often, I don't eat eggs very often either and if I do they're free range.

I know I'm good at making vegetarian cupcakes and vegetarian fondant (:, I'm not too sure on the vegan cupcakes but I'm going to try.

Awesome to hear you guys are baking away too! (:
ReplyQuote

Janine Janine NSW Posts: 232
10 13 Aug 2013
Bats Killjoy said:
My friend gave me a vegan cook book with some amazing recipes.

It's kind of daunting because I'm only a vegetarian; and before my throat is jumped down for "not saving animals" last time I tried to be a vegan I almost died from not being educated enough.. I don't drink milk often, I don't eat eggs very often either and if I do they're free range.

I know I'm good at making vegetarian cupcakes and vegetarian fondant (:, I'm not too sure on the vegan cupcakes but I'm going to try.

Awesome to hear you guys are baking away too! (
Good on you for trying. Vegan cupcakes are not very hard to make at all. Just a matter of getting used to it. If in doubt instead of butter use nuttelex, instead of milk - soy milk, instead of egg - no egg replacer. Too easy. Obviously there are plenty more alternatives but those are the basics happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au