Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Dissection in Bio?

Rat dissection in my Biology class...

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
1 2 Sep 2013
Hey guys! So next week in my year 11 Biology class we're supposed to dissect rats. Being a Vegan, I'm not too fond of the idea - but would it be a waste if I didn't participate? The thought of dissecting makes me feel sick, but I hate the unnecessary deaths of animals and I'm wondering if it would be more ethical to participate so that the rat had not died for no reason?

What are your thoughts?

I'm thinking I'm just going to watch the other students, but as I said, I can't stand the thought of an animal dying and no good coming from it.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
2 2 Sep 2013
It would still have died for no real reason.
The more people stand up to this the better.
ReplyQuote

Amy Amy VIC Posts: 163
3 3 Sep 2013
Unleashed Admin
I always think that standing up for what you believe in is important. By not participating in the experiment, you will send a message to other students that they don't have to partake either if they don't want to. They might not know that. And the more people who oppose it the more likely the teacher will start to research alternative teaching methods happy
ReplyQuote

Amy Amy VIC Posts: 163
4 3 Sep 2013
Unleashed Admin
ReplyQuote

Theodora Theodora VIC Posts: 47
5 4 Sep 2013
Just don't participate- I'm pretty sure your biology teacher has no right to force you ...
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au