Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Bulimia and "veganism"

1 - 3 of 3 posts

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
1 29 Oct 2013
Okay, so I've been a vegan since September 2009... I've experienced varying degrees of disordered eating during the last few years, with a marked period of anorexia nervosa prior to "switching" to bulimia in "recovery". Until a couple of weeks ago, non-vegan food was never an issue at all, but lately I've been binging on foods containing dairy. I'd really rather not be judged, it's not something I'm proud of - my moral/ethical failure is really not helping any of my comorbid issues. I'm just struggling to know what to do about this and I'd really appreciate some input from (in some aspects) like-minded people.
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
2 29 Oct 2013
Unleashed Admin
Hey Gabrielle, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I can imagine how difficult that must be. Rest assured you've always got a network or caring people on here who can offer support.

Is there someone close to you that you can talk to about this? It's really great that you're reaching out, and that you're wanting to change your situation. That's such an important step.
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
3 29 Oct 2013
I can understand this, I've been anorexic, then bulimic, and everything in between.
Obviously it's not that you want to eat these things, try not to blame yourself.
And even though every you've probably heard this repeatedly! - Feed your body with healthy, nutrient filled, vegan food, and eventually the urge to b/p will lessen. Use this as motivation to recover.
Let me know if you want to talk it through, i'll give you my Facebook or whatever.
Hugs xxx
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au