Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Ask China Southern Airlines to Stop Shipping Primates to Labs!

Petition :)

1 - 4 of 4 posts

Alyssa Alyssa VIC Posts: 296
1 17 Dec 2013
Hey everyone,

I'd really appreciate if you would sign this petition to ask China Southern Airlines to stop transporting primates to laboratories where they will be cruelly experimented on. China Southern Airlines is one of the few airlines who continues to do this!

http://www.change.org/petitions/china-southern-airlines-stop-cruel-primate-shipments
ReplyQuote

veganrhi veganrhi NSW Posts: 4
2 18 Dec 2013
Signed & shared happy
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
3 18 Mar 2014
(sorry I am posting a whole new thread, the other one from February isn't getting any hits - due to the name including the older date... so people would just assume it is over and done by now.. admin if you like, to prevent excess threads can you maybe merge these two together but change the name to not include the date, thanks)

Back in February we all bombarded the China Southern Airlines to get them to stop sending primates to labs...

Sadly they didn't get the message the last time so tomorrow the 19th March we will be sending emails, making calls and stalking their social media pages.

To call: China Southern Airlines' Australia number is 1300 889 628.

To Email:

Stalk Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/China-Southern-Airlines/40685459752

Stalk Twitter: https://twitter.com/CSAIR_GLOBAL

PLEASE also sign the petition, you may think that this wont help but fact of the matter is - it will - the reason this hasn't already stopped is because we lack signatures... the signatures represent that people do not accept this and the lack of signatures represent that well we do accept it.... so please sign.

22,309 supporters  still 27,691 NEEDED

http://www.change.org/petitions/china-southern-airlines-stop-cruel-primate-shipments

Even if you don't have time to write an email, just give a quick post to their wall or hashtag in a tweet... they'll get the message or see below; I have created a template here for you to copy and paste:

Dear China Southern Airlines,

I am appalled to hear that you have gone back on your promise to ban the transportation services for primates bound for experimental labs where their fate is certain torture and then death. While other airline companies have kept their promises such as After Air China, China Eastern Airlines, Hainan Airlines along with many other leading airlines.

These poor creatures suffer immensely firstly by being captured, then rammed into small dark crates for shipping to laboratories where they are subjected to excruciatingly painful experiments, force fed or injected with chemicals and diseases. I am sorry to say that I will not be flying with your airline and I will also be advising any associates to boycott your company until you have reinstated your promise and have banned transporting these helpless creatures once and for all.

Kind Regards,

YOUR NAME
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
4 26 Mar 2014
SUCCESS!!!!

I received the below email today.

I have exciting news to share from our campaign to ground cruel primate shipments!

Following intense campaigns by PETA and its international affiliates, which included more than 100,000 calls and e-mails from compassionate people like you, China Southern Airlines announced in an e-mail to PETA U.S. that it will "stop transporting live primates for laboratory experiments on all flights"—effective immediately!

Prior to this announcement, China Southern was the only airline in China—and the only major carrier in the world other than Air France—still shipping primates to laboratories. Records show that in 2013, China Southern shipped more than 2,500 monkeys to laboratories in the U.S., where they were poisoned, infected, crippled, and mutilated in cruel experiments.

In the last few weeks, PETA held protests against China Southern in Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and Hong Kong. And because of the huge response from supporters like you across Asia and Australia, some people had to wait 30 minutes or more to speak to the airline and let it know that shipping animals was unacceptable. Thanks to each and every one of you who helped make this victory possible.

China Southern joins the growing list of airlines—including Air China, China Eastern Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, Philippine Airlines, and United Airlines—that PETA and our affiliates have convinced to stop supporting this bloody trade. Air France is now the only major airline left that is willing to ship monkeys, so it will be extremely difficult and expensive for experimenters to get their hands on monkeys to torment. This means that more primates will remain in the wild with their families instead of being trapped and imprisoned at decrepit breeding farms and terrifying laboratories.

Please help us build on this momentum by urging Air France to join every single other major airline in the world by refusing to ship primates to certain suffering and death in laboratories. Our first Air France protest, along with other actions against the airline, will take place shortly!

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Jason Baker
Vice President of International Campaigns
PETA Asia
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au