Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Hungry Jacks Veggie Whopper?

1 - 10 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Ballpoint Ballpoint SA Posts: 46
1 24 Jan 2014
I know it used to half calf rennet in it so prett ymuch defeated the purpose but not on their site it says "We've got vegetarians covered with an irresistible veggie patty (made from corn, capsicum and carrot), ripe hand-cut tomato, crisp fresh lettuce, red onion, creamy mayo and tomato sauce on a sesame seed bun."

So, have they changed it? Been a long time since I've been there, was only really looking because a friend said they had a vegetarian range now, which I can't even find so if anyone knows anything about that feel free to tell me about it.
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
2 24 Jan 2014
from what I can gather, it is vegan without the cheese and mayonnaise. with the cheese, it is not vegetarian either as it contains animal rennet.

http://www.hungryjacks.com.au/menu/whopper-icons/veggie-whopper-cheese
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
3 25 Jan 2014
I wouldn't even try it even if it is said to be vegan, hungry jacks are very unclean they only scrape down the hot plates if needed inbetween burgers and only clean it properly once a day (at close) so chances of there being meat products in your food is 100%
ReplyQuote

sophxx sophxx NSW Posts: 169
4 25 Jan 2014
I'd try it without cheese and mayo. I like supporting companies who give us veggie options! happy
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
5 25 Jan 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
I wouldn't even try it even if it is said to be vegan, hungry jacks are very unclean they only scrape down the hot plates if needed inbetween burgers and only clean it properly once a day (at close) so chances of there being meat products in your food is 100%
I think they're fried rather than grilled? I hate fast food, but would have nothing against trying it otherwise happy Its great they have a vegetarian option, better than Mcdonalds!
ReplyQuote

6 25 Jan 2014
maddie45 said:
ox.kylie.xo said:
I think they're fried rather than grilled? I hate fast food, but would have nothing against trying it otherwise happy Its great they have a vegetarian option, better than Mcdonalds!
Well that just raises more questions if they are fried... They fry them in the same oil as the onion rings (which are made with egg) and there chips (which I have been told are only vegitarian as they contain some egg or dairy ingredient (not sure)) not to mention the fried chicken burger pattys being cook in the same oil as the 'vegan' options... (Oh and I just checked they are fried) and McDonalds are just as bad...

Also I just wanted to add in here for the vegetarians that eat ice cream from these shops, I have a realiable source telling me  that they still use pigs fat just a heads up!
ReplyQuote

7 25 Jan 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
maddie45 said:
ox.kylie.xo said:
Well that just raises more questions if they are fried... They fry them in the same oil as the onion rings (which are made with egg) and there chips (which I have been told are only vegitarian as they contain some egg or dairy ingredient (not sure)) not to mention the fried chicken burger pattys being cook in the same oil as the 'vegan' options... (Oh and I just checked they are fried) and McDonalds are just as bad...

Also I just wanted to add in here for the vegetarians that eat ice cream from these shops, I have a realiable source telling me  that they still use pigs fat just a heads up!
Are you sure about the ice cream? When mcdonalds did that 'we'll answer any question' thing, they assured heaps of people that the pig fat in soft serve was a myth. Not that I'd eat it, just curious over whether they would really lie about it?
ReplyQuote

8 25 Jan 2014
I can 100% assure you that it has pig fat, I don't have any written evidence to support my claim but I know people that work in the manufacturing / head office and well they have told me... And really your suprised that McDonalds would lie, they would do anything for profit and considering that the quantity of veg'ns has risen exponentially over the last decade this is even more true ever then before; they will attempt to lie and say their products are animal friendly but fact of the matter is that it is cheaper for them to lie then it is to actually integrate animal friendly options into their menus.
ReplyQuote

9 25 Jan 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
I can 100% assure you that it has pig fat, I don't have any written evidence to support my claim but I know people that work in the manufacturing / head office and well they have told me... And really your suprised that McDonalds would lie, they would do anything for profit and considering that the quantity of veg'ns has risen exponentially over the last decade this is even more true ever then before; they will attempt to lie and say their products are animal friendly but fact of the matter is that it is cheaper for them to lie then it is to actually integrate animal friendly options into their menus.
I'm not trying to defend them, but surely lying about the ingredients would not be a good business decision?

From the website: SUNDAE MIX: Milk, Milk Solids, Sugar, Cream, Glucose (from Wheat or Maize, contains preservative Sulphur Dioxide), Emulsifiers (433, 471), Vegetable Gums (407, 407a, 412, 466), Flavour.
ReplyQuote

le gabrielle le gabrielle QLD Posts: 214
10 25 Jan 2014
Just putting it out there, but I highly doubt that McDonald's would lie about the ingredients in a product. They're obviously a large corporation, and undoubtedly know that it is illegal. I find it absurd to imagine they'd compromise themselves by providing misleading information. Especially when it overlaps into religious territory, because as we know pig fat is neither Halal nor Kosher.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au