Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan and vegetarians

11 - 20 of 34 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
11 1 Dec 2009
Unleashed Admin
Yeah, criticising people never helps to inspire them to do more anyway.

I find it much more effective to be supportive and encouraging. There is always more that any of us can do... but we also need to celebrate and appreciate what people do already.
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
12 2 Dec 2009
its not so much the label, as to what you do.
i say good on you for going vego, it doesn't matter if its oly partically, ieverything helps!
ReplyQuote

MerlinLemon MerlinLemon VIC Posts: 291
13 2 Dec 2009
jayjay said:
its not so much the label, as to what you do.
i say good on you for going vego, it doesn't matter if its only partically, everything helps!
yes, good on you. tongue
ReplyQuote

f3xstar f3xstar NSW Posts: 212
14 2 Dec 2009
TahnaeyaDearsley! said:
when i first turned veg allot of vegans said i should do more and  i don't actually care about animals and i wasn't really a vegetarian because i still ate fish..that was about 5 months ago
i just wanted to say that i is really hard for most people to be a vegetarian because there whole family eats meat.. like mine

at least were having ago at being vegetarian for most people its not just a snap decision some of my friends don't talk to me coz they think im weird because i want to be a vegetarian and help animals well there not worth it if people give you  a hard time just remember all the lives you are saving and all the suffering you are stopping

even if your not a vegetarian and your still doing other things like buying free range products GOOD ON YA!!  
clap clap

xxxxxxx
i think that at least ur helpin in some way!!!!
ReplyQuote

TahnaeyaDearsley! TahnaeyaDearsley! VIC Posts: 3
15 4 Dec 2009
i dont hate vegans by the way im just saying my mate went veg and then some one had a go at her so now shes gone back to meat  sad
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
16 4 Dec 2009
TahnaeyaDearsley! said:
i dont hate vegans by the way im just saying my mate went veg and then some one had a go at her so now shes gone back to meat  sad
What did they say? If someone is commited to veg*n esp for the animals, nothing anyone says should change that. She needs to be strong. I hope she comes around happy
ReplyQuote

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
17 4 Dec 2009
TahnaeyaDearsley! said:
huh

That makes no sense! If you go vegetarian for animals, you don't turn your back on them.
To be honest. I was vegetarian for four years and ate fish OCASSIONALLY (like one piece with chips three or four times a year). To me, that was fine to say I was vegetarian. Then I joined Animal Liberation and mentioned I ate fish every pale blue moon. My goodness, I got harpooned! Every meeting that woman would say to me "are you off the fish yet?" I hated it, it really annoyed me.

But I stopped completely after that. Then I realised they were all vegan and learnt what it was (I didnt' know what vegan was prior) then I felt guilty for not being vegan. They wouldn't point it out or anything or say "go vegan" but I honestly felt like they were like they were judging me and it really annoyed me at the time, I hated it.

Now I'm grateful. I see nothing wrong with pointing out hypocracy of those who love animals but contribute to such mass suffering. I never really got it (thanks our perverse culture of condoning cruelty to the animals we 'use').  If those people didn't make me feel bad, I'd still be scoffing heaps of dairy, egg and my 'minimal' fish cruelty (which really was minimal).
ReplyQuote

TahnaeyaDearsley! TahnaeyaDearsley! VIC Posts: 3
18 5 Dec 2009
she went back to eating animals because she thinks its normal she likes to fit in  and hates people givein her crap about something new shes trying
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
19 5 Dec 2009
That sucks. Just give her more info on animal cruelty and hopefully she will do it for the animals happy
ReplyQuote

A wild Kristy-Lee appears! A wild Kristy-Lee appears! QLD Posts: 18
20 7 Dec 2009
the trivial facts don't matter, anyone can be a vegan/vegetarian despite their background.

of course i am on the mind set that one single person can make change so i do not dispute your point of vegetarian still being a successful way to advicate animal rights, but at the end of the day a all vegan and eco friendly lifestyle is the only way to go.

but at the end of the day, every bit counts happy

oh & if you eat fish you're _not_ a vegetarian
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au