Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

HELGAS BREAD WARNING

potentially not vegan anymore:: Egg White

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
1 17 Mar 2014
I was disappointed to find that you have added Egg-White to some of your new range of Gluten Free bread.
In the Vegan community, Helgas and Abbott's breads are renowned for being Vegan friendly because of the use of non-animal Emulsifier 471 (which can be from animal or vegetable sources//usually unspecified).

I happen to be scrupulous; but you can be sure that you have let down a great number of Vegans, whom have eaten your new bread... trusting by familiar graphic design of your packaging, that you are unchanged from being Vegan friendly as they recognize.

It would have been most courteous, as I’m sure that you have noticed a greater influx of Vegan inquiries and interest in your products over recent Years. To either have made clear on the front of your packaging that you use Egg now...
Or perhaps on your Vegan friendly breads, making this more apparent. This way any packets without Vegan marks, would be assumed, different to the usual assumption that all of your range contains no animal derivatives.

Sincerely,
Consumer
ReplyQuote

3 17 Mar 2014
They even put 'dairy free' on the front cover....

That is another false-positive sign for a Vegan whom already thinks of Helgas this way.
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
4 17 Mar 2014
ohhh, lucky I never even bothered with bread as I naturally assumed all would have those stupid emulsifiers and I didn't want to stand there for two hours reading every brand so instead if I even felt like something like bread I would just by crumpets... they are vegan happy and great with avocado, tomato and mushrooms.

But if everyone does know of any vegan bread, even wraps would be good. please share. I would love to have a salad sandwich... yum!

Here's a recipe for The Easiest, Simplest Vegan Bread Ever! from Food.com: http://www.food.com/recipe/the-easiest-simplest-vegan-bread-ever-155430

I haven't tried the above recipe yet but if someone does, please let me know if it is good.
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
5 17 Mar 2014
I think most gluten free bread has eggs sad and the ones that don't are terrible!
ReplyQuote

sprout sprout SA Posts: 69
6 17 Mar 2014
Helga's is normally too pricey for me (and i've gone off of sliced bread anyway lol) but i'm really sad to read this sad sad
ReplyQuote

tiedyedtofu tiedyedtofu NSW Posts: 221
7 18 Mar 2014
Crumpets are vegan!!! Happy person right here happy
ReplyQuote

8 18 Mar 2014
4_animals said:
tip top english muffins are too... please people, keep reading ingredient lists though.
companies can change things on you without warning.
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
9 18 Mar 2014
Casper.s2 said:
4_animals said:
tip top english muffins are too... please people, keep reading ingredient lists though.
companies can change things on you without warning.
sadly this is true, the thing is though they shouldn't because say a person with allergies to egg or dairy frequently uses a product that they know to be eggless or dairy free and they get sick.... it is irresponsible for the company not to mention their change with like you said casper a big sign yelling 'we use egg now' not to mention that their loosing out on business from loyal vegan customers that are now displeased with this... it needs to be included into regulations for all companies to label vegan as it is just not ok for us vegans that already don't have that much time on our hands because we're out saving animals and addition to that have to spend 3hrs in the shopping centre each week trying to find products up to our ethical beliefs... it's not ok it is not fair... they say the make the experience as convenient as possible but the more ethical beliefs you have the harder things get when it comes to shopping. (finding organic, vegan and fair trade all in the one product is near impossible...) We need more vegans in politics and law!!!!
ReplyQuote

10 18 Mar 2014
politics and law can eat a donut

.....very pragmatic of me^
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au