Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Unofficial foster caring?

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
1 7 Apr 2014
Hi,

I'd love to foster care a cats, i have a nice big house and a secure lockable bedroom pet. The problem is im renting a room in student accommodation... But we like never get any house inspections or what ever so i wont get caught. The annoying thing though is a lot of the official foster caring programs for pets seem to ask if you have permission from your landlord? I guess i could try lying, but some even ask for a signed document saying its fine!

I know some people happen to adopt and foster out cats by themselves, rather than an actual shelter or organisation, perhaps I could try and do that?

I live in the Inner West, Sydney.
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
2 7 Apr 2014
Clud said:
Hi,

I'd love to foster care a cats, i have a nice big house and a secure lockable bedroom pet. The problem is im renting a room in student accommodation... But we like never get any house inspections or what ever so i wont get caught. The annoying thing though is a lot of the official foster caring programs for pets seem to ask if you have permission from your landlord? I guess i could try lying, but some even ask for a signed document saying its fine!

I know some people happen to adopt and foster out cats by themselves, rather than an actual shelter or organisation, perhaps I could try and do that?

I live in the Inner West, Sydney.
It sounds like a good idea in theory happy Keep in mind though if your landlord finds out they might make you get rid of the cat on short notice.
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
3 8 Apr 2014
Ok I'd like to say first that is is great that you want to help.

However, agencies have these policies in place for a reason. These are usually abused animals and need to be somewhere secure when fostered. Also it's not appropriate to have cat locked in a bedroom when you are not at the property.

Wait until you're in a secure position where you have you own place, with the space and are actually allowed to have an animal there.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
4 12 Apr 2014
Take on giveaways and find them homes yourself! peace
ReplyQuote

macksmith345 macksmith345 VIC Posts: 15
5 14 Apr 2014
Private fostering covers any situation where an unofficial arrangement is made for a child to be looked after by someone other than a parent, step-parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent or sibling for more than 28 days................

Cateringonthemove
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au