Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Wedding Wine

Non Alco :O

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Chicken Legs Chicken Legs VIC Posts: 72
1 12 Apr 2014
Soooo tomorrow I have a wedding to go to and the wine they are using (non alcoholic) may not be suitable for Vegans. I emailed the company the other week and asked and they replied with:

'Thank you for your enquiry but I have been informed the our juices are not vegan friendly as the have may contain traces of gelatin'.

Should I just roll with it and drink it anyway as the only thing they said 'may contain'.

I'll feel pretty awkward if I'm the only one without a drink at the 'big day' haha.

Thoughts!?

ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Veggie Veronica Veggie Veronica NSW Posts: 108
2 12 Apr 2014
If I was in your situation I'd drink it. It's only containing traces of gelatin, so it should be fine. but hey, that's just my opinion!
ReplyQuote

maddie45 maddie45 VIC Posts: 167
3 12 Apr 2014
Chicken Legs said:
Soooo tomorrow I have a wedding to go to and the wine they are using (non alcoholic) may not be suitable for Vegans. I emailed the company the other week and asked and they replied with:

'Thank you for your enquiry but I have been informed the our juices are not vegan friendly as the have may contain traces of gelatin'.

Should I just roll with it and drink it anyway as the only thing they said 'may contain'.

I'll feel pretty awkward if I'm the only one without a drink at the 'big day' haha.

Thoughts!?

ecstatic
Non alcoholic wine?  confused haha BYO real wine! Otherwise I'd say just drink it, everything says 'may contain traces' of this or that.
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
4 12 Apr 2014
Drink up! Most things have the label "may contain traces of", they kind of have to cover their butts!
ReplyQuote

ox.kylie.xo ox.kylie.xo QLD Posts: 861
5 13 Apr 2014
I wouldn't drink it, take your own vegan friendly options for drinks... Also it's quite silly of you to feel awkward for having ethics happy who cares what others think... For the perspective I have of you (acquired by ready you posts) you seem like the sort of fun character that would just brush awkwardness off and make a laugh out of it... But this does make me wonder now if a person was the only vegan would they crumble at the sights of society... I can honestly say I wouldn't because I'm extremely stubborn when it comes to my ethics and will not change for anything... Does anyone know of how this movement started if so please share and provide links as it takes a brave person to stand alone and this story is one that is not shared but should be - it should be a movie it would make millions! But some people need to feel like they 'fit in'; where I say 'stand out' and be yourself; diversity can be a good thing when it comes to character! (Not diversity when it comes to what you eat; I hope soon everyone will be the same in the diet side of things anyways- vegans)

Oh and heads up not everything says 'may contain traces' there are options out their for vegans... That silly attempt to justify it; is just that... a silly attempt; that's like saying if everything had animal ingredients then it somehow justifies the use... who do you think created alternatives... People that don't just settle for it... Same as any movement really eg. Racism... Back in the day people where frowned upon by society for chatting with a person of color (which is worse then feeling awkward I could imagine) but did that stop them... Let your ethics be stronger too!
ReplyQuote

The British Aussie The British Aussie SA Posts: 212
6 13 Apr 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
I wouldn't drink it, take your own vegan friendly options for drinks... Also it's quite silly of you to feel awkward for having ethics happy who cares what others think... For the perspective I have of you (acquired by ready you posts) you seem like the sort of fun character that would just brush awkwardness off and make a laugh out of it... But this does make me wonder now if a person was the only vegan would they crumble at the sights of society... I can honestly say I wouldn't because I'm extremely stubborn when it comes to my ethics and will not change for anything... Does anyone know of how this movement started if so please share and provide links as it takes a brave person to stand alone and this story is one that is not shared but should be - it should be a movie it would make millions! But some people need to feel like they 'fit in'; where I say 'stand out' and be yourself; diversity can be a good thing when it comes to character! (Not diversity when it comes to what you eat; I hope soon everyone will be the same in the diet side of things anyways- vegans)

Oh and heads up not everything says 'may contain traces' there are options out their for vegans... That silly attempt to justify it; is just that... a silly attempt; that's like saying if everything had animal ingredients then it somehow justifies the use... who do you think created alternatives... People that don't just settle for it... Same as any movement really eg. Racism... Back in the day people where frowned upon by society for chatting with a person of color (which is worse then feeling awkward I could imagine) but did that stop them... Let your ethics be stronger too!
I said "most" things contain the label "may contain traces of", exactly how any place that produces products that also make items with nuts WILL have "may contain traces of". If a place makes vegan products but also makes products with animal produce in them they generally have "may contain traces of milk", that kind of thing.

It's just a standard label applied to anywhere cross contamination may occur. It's no different to ordering someone vegan in a non vegan cafe you run the risk of cross contamination. It is no way a "silly attempt" to justify consuming animal products and that is a highly insulting remark to make as you obviously do not understand the reasoning behind food labelling "may contain traces of" or why a company must state this is there is any risk at all of product having been used of the same machinery a product containing animal produce was made on, even if it has been cleaned etc. It's the law. It's not "oh we may have added animal produce to this product", if that were the case then by law it would have to be on the label. These labelling laws surrounding "may contain traces of" are not for vegans, they are for people with allergens to be cautious of what they are consuming and this is why it is mandatory for any product containing common allergens to have this label if made on the same premises where a product people are commonly allergic to is also used.
ReplyQuote

7 13 Apr 2014
Very rude of you to make such acusations claiming I have know idea why the labels are on products... Your really quite rude; what I was saying is that there are vegan alternatives so to just settle for a product that does have 'may contain' on it is silly when this is the exact reason why true vegans don't use such products and through out generations have been creating a range suitable for one of ethics... Same reason we don't use products that are vegan but are tested of animals- it's a contradiction not to mention it supports the industry (same as buying products that 'may contain' animal ingredients far enough they are labels as such for people with allergies but vegans use them too and it is quite silly of you to claim that we shouldn't use them because they weren't labeled as such specifically for us) - tell me do you use palm oil... No? Well why is that; is it because you don't support it? - do you buy products from companies that test on animals eg body shop which sends the proceeds to one of the biggest companies in the beauty industry known for animal testing...? No? Well it's the same thing really by purchasing these products that 'may contain' you are still supporting companies and their actions by providing them with funding to do so... In addition what if the product does contain animal ingredients; doesn't that morally gross you out??

Am I not entitled to my own opinion... It is silly to support such actions but yet claim you are against it?... How is that insulting? what because i 'apparently' dont know what the labels are for... like i said just becaus ethey are not designed specifically for vegans doesnt mean we cant also use them... And FYI my comment was to chicken legs not you so how could you possibly see this as insulting? Anyway please don't reply it seems you have taken my opinion as a 'personal attack' in stead of the intended- expressing my view after all he wanted to hear what other people's thoughts are and just because they are not the same as yours doesn't mean I am attacking you...
ReplyQuote

8 13 Apr 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
Very rude of you to make such acusations claiming I have know idea why the labels are on products... Your really quite rude; what I was saying is that there are vegan alternatives so to just settle for a product that does have 'may contain' on it is silly when this is the exact reason why true vegans don't use such products and through out generations have been creating a range suitable for one of ethics... Same reason we don't use products that are vegan but are tested of animals- it's a contradiction not to mention it supports the industry (same as buying products that 'may contain' animal ingredients far enough they are labels as such for people with allergies but vegans use them too and it is quite silly of you to claim that we shouldn't use them because they weren't labeled as such specifically for us) - tell me do you use palm oil... No? Well why is that; is it because you don't support it? - do you buy products from companies that test on animals eg body shop which sends the proceeds to one of the biggest companies in the beauty industry known for animal testing...? No? Well it's the same thing really by purchasing these products that 'may contain' you are still supporting companies and their actions by providing them with funding to do so... In addition what if the product does contain animal ingredients; doesn't that morally gross you out??

Am I not entitled to my own opinion... It is silly to support such actions but yet claim you are against it?... How is that insulting? what because i 'apparently' dont know what the labels are for... like i said just becaus ethey are not designed specifically for vegans doesnt mean we cant also use them... And FYI my comment was to chicken legs not you so how could you possibly see this as insulting? Anyway please don't reply it seems you have taken my opinion as a 'personal attack' in stead of the intended- expressing my view after all he wanted to hear what other people's thoughts are and just because they are not the same as yours doesn't mean I am attacking you...
I do not understand you.
Do you shop at supermarkets? Eat absolutely anything that you didn't plant and grow and harvest yourself? I hope not, because then you wouldn't be a true vegan!!!11!!1!1!!!!

Anyway, lets give chicken legs his topic back. Hope the wedding today is nice, and your weather is better than Melbourne's!
ReplyQuote

9 13 Apr 2014
Good on you, i have no idea how you cant understand me as my vocabulary and general english skills are great happy oh and No my food comes from vegan/organic and fair trade source except the odd occasion of if I run out of toilet paper - ill go to the local shop and buy the planet ark paper wrapped toilet rolls... only emergencies as I sometimes wait day for my groceries to arrive and when you run out of something it's quite hard to go with out you have to make the exception...

Also your remark 'we will give chicken legs back his thread' obviously you are implying that I have taken it off topic which to that I say please re-read what I wrote then read what Miss British Aussie wrote... Then again what I wrote; how is that off topic? Apart from Miss British Aussie making false accusations claiming I don't know what the labels are 'specifically' designed for?? In addition you have also just taken it off topic which as you too have obviously taken my comment as a person attack and have gotten riled up about it replying with 'off topic' scenarios designed to imply that I buy my groceries from supermarkets and such as a means of attack is the best defense thus the whole trying to point out possible contradictions that I may or may not have in attempts to make yourself feel better and to not look like a complete contradiction... Anyway I'm not going to partake in your childish remarks I have yet again explained myself and yet again you girls have a problem with me expressing my views due to they don't replicate yours... Good day!! peace_out
ReplyQuote

10 13 Apr 2014
ox.kylie.xo said:
Good on you, i have no idea how you cant understand me as my vocabulary and general english skills are great happy oh and No my food comes from vegan/organic and fair trade source except the odd occasion of if I run out of toilet paper - ill go to the local shop and buy the planet ark paper wrapped toilet rolls... only emergencies as I sometimes wait day for my groceries to arrive and when you run out of something it's quite hard to go with out you have to make the exception...

Also your remark 'we will give chicken legs back his thread' obviously you are implying that I have taken it off topic which to that I say please re-read what I wrote then read what Miss British Aussie wrote... Then again what I wrote; how is that off topic? Apart from Miss British Aussie making false accusations claiming I don't know what the labels are 'specifically' designed for?? In addition you have also just taken it off topic which as you too have obviously taken my comment as a person attack and have gotten riled up about it replying with 'off topic' scenarios designed to imply that I buy my groceries from supermarkets and such as a means of attack is the best defense thus the whole trying to point out possible contradictions that I may or may not have in attempts to make yourself feel better and to not look like a complete contradiction... Anyway I'm not going to partake in your childish remarks I have yet again explained myself and yet again you girls have a problem with me expressing my views due to they don't replicate yours... Good day!! peace_out
Some would beg to differ regarding your grammar. But hey, thats not the real issue here, and I admire your self esteem.

When I grow up, I want to be as good a vegan as Kylie *bows*
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au