Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Eating Vegan (Hard or easy?)

1 - 10 of 38 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

advoc8 advoc8 SA Posts: 179
1 3 Dec 2009
Be an advocate for animals.
50 BILLION (land) animals are slaughtered for food each year globally.

I see a lot of comments in this forum about what to eat, what not to eat eg. "is X vegan?" and discussions about what (mostly junk/processed) food is or is not vegan.

Being vegan is NOT hard, it's easy.
Vegan's KNOW what to eat (anything that doesn't have animal body parts or excretions in it).

If we act like drama llamas about it in front of others or seem indecisive about it, we're not very good role models for other people who might also consider becoming vegan.

It's EASY. For those of us who genuinely care about animals, it's incredibly easy!

We know fruits, vegetables, rice, pasta, lentils, rolled oats, polenta, couscous, chickpeas, soy beans, tofu, walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts, nuts, nuts, bread ... etc etc ... do not cause animal suffering/domination/death. Anyone tempted to eat junk or processed food can simply read the label and make their own decision. It's that simple. Everyone should seriously consider eating 'junk' or processed food anyway (what the hell is really in it anyway??? Processed food is really scarey these days.)

I've come across 'ex vegetarians' who have gone back to eating animals because they "got sick and need to eat meat for the vitamins". I don't believe this. I've questioned whether they were just attention seekers and didn't do it for the animals but thought the vegetarian/vegan 'label' gave them some 'radical' image (sad and odd people abound).

Anyone who changes their eating patterns to stop animal suffering won't mind reading a bit (find a good book) about vegan nutrition and realising it's not hard, it's healthy and will just get on with it.

It's EASY to be vegan.
Be proud. Be vegan. For the animals.

Any questions about this? Please ask. I'm happy to answer them to help you be a good vegan who is a good role model to help liberate animals from human domination happy
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
2 3 Dec 2009
So true! Good post! happy
ReplyQuote

ChloeMB ChloeMB VIC Posts: 560
3 3 Dec 2009
i'm bexoming more and more vegan, for both health reasons and the fact that it is really cruel.  and i agree, who wants to eat dead animals anyhow?
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
4 3 Dec 2009
I totally agree with what you're saying, but I guess in a way, if people trying to become vegan see that other people are a little bit indecisive about it too, they might feel a bit more comfortable with how they're feeling. Like, it's good to present ourselves as strong and sure of everything we're doing/eating, but in the end, we're all human, and if we can relate with that feeling of indecisiveness, it makes it seem a little bit more... human?
Am I making sense?
ReplyQuote

Emmy14 Emmy14 Antarctica Posts: 572
5 16 Oct 2010
I think it would be a bit hard..
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
6 16 Oct 2010
-E M M Y 14- said:
It's not.
ReplyQuote

Shorty Shorty QLD Posts: 479
7 16 Oct 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
-E M M Y 14- said:
It's not.
I thought it would be hard too but honestly, I find it even easier than being vegetarian
ReplyQuote

ZoolNerd ZoolNerd NSW Posts: 1005
8 16 Oct 2010
Being vegan is easier than vegetarian because you dont have to look at every cheese product and yogurt product and look for "non animal rennet"

I'm basically vegan except the cheese and once thats gone I think my life will be much easier happy
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
9 16 Oct 2010
I agree with you! I get that ALL THE TIME though, "Omg, that'd be really hard- you can't have milks or cheese or anything..." and in reality, I just say "it's really not, because you know what to eat, there's alternatives or vegan versions of almost everything and you don't actually want to eat that yucky stuff anyway!"
I'm not surprised when people say that though,  I guess it's because they don't really have as wide of knowledge of foods and what's in food as you naturally have to when you're vegan.
And they're not as familiar with all the vegan alternatives wink
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
10 16 Oct 2010
Name any meal and I bet we can come up with a vegan version wink
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au