Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Animalist

3CR with Roy Taylor

1 - 6 of 6 posts

reddapanda reddapanda ACT Posts: 381
1 20 May 2016
Realise this was posted in February but I only just got around to listening, was great!
http://www.freedomofspecies.org/show/vincent-berraud-animal-advocacy-and-biotechnology

Might there be a soundclip/version of the interview without the week's community announcements etc. at the start? Cos it'd be useful to share with others in future...  

There was so much that was interesting about this interview, including that discussion about the Gary Y reply, religious dogma, and heaps else. It was also great to listen about the meat based alternatives, etc. I'm on-board with that. I agree that it's the best hope for 'revolutionary change' (without the revolution).
ReplyQuote

Vincent Berraud Vincent Berraud VIC Posts: 120
2 20 May 2016
Thank you! I am not aware that there is a version without the community announcements at the start. happy
Glad you liked it and that it motivated you to join Friendly and Pragmatic Vegans and Vegetarians on Facebook!

Here's a quick little something with the links to my two recent interviews followed by youtube vids of inspiring talks by others: http://tinyurl.com/AnimalistRadio
ReplyQuote

3 29 May 2016
Given that 3CR interview discussion, thought I might have stuck around that facebook site longer than two days. During that time my favourite anecdote was: Woman saying she just left some other facebook site because of something to do with her squashing mosquitoes in India. Me saying ha, I squash mosquitoes in Australia. Another woman then comparing me to sport hunters/duck shooters etc. (It's too funny to get offended, but it's also a waste of time.)

Keep doing what you're doing Vincent, I've liked some of the questions and topics you're raising. I'm just writing this to recount to anyone else who was thinking of joining in a facebook forum time-sink (as this topic-thread has had 72 views). Maybe it's your style, turns out it wasn't mine.

snail
ReplyQuote

Vincent Berraud Vincent Berraud VIC Posts: 120
4 31 May 2016
It's not generally a good idea to assess a group on one or two posts which were out of place and whinge that it's too black and white because of it, after only having been there for a moment.

Admins can work hard to set the tone and recommend a friendly and pragmatic approach but cannot be in 6,200 members' minds.

I was finding your criticism unhelpful at times, I won't lie. It was your decision to leave, of course, and in a way I think that perhaps it was a good one.
Cheers.
ReplyQuote

5 1 Jun 2016
Vincent, I recommended your interview, but not your facebook site. So what really, both were just my opinion. I've read-posted to this unleashed forum longer than two days because I like it more.
ReplyQuote

6 1 Jun 2016
http://www.freedomofspecies.org/show/food-empowerment-project
Here's another great interview with Roy Taylor on 3CR I listened to yesterday.  afro
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au