Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Earthlings

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Honeygoon Honeygoon NSW Posts: 76
1 4 Feb 2010
I just watched Earthlings. It was really hard. I actually watched things I've been avoiding seeing footage of for years. It was the most intense film experience I've had for a long time.
It has completely renewed my passion and compassion for animals, people, and the planet.
I bought the DVD from the Unleashed shop. It's $25. Everybody should buy it, and make copies to distribute.
I am going to burn copies and give them out for free.
If there's anybody on this community who doesn't have the pennies to buy it, but wants a copy, tell me and I'll burn it for you and send you one. x
ReplyQuote

Honeygoon Honeygoon NSW Posts: 76
3 4 Feb 2010
Azzmilan said:
Honeygoon said:
I just watched Earthlings. It was really hard. I actually watched things I've been avoiding seeing footage of for years. It was the most intense film experience I've had for a long time.
It has completely renewed my passion and compassion for animals, people, and the planet.
I bought the DVD from the Unleashed shop. It's $25. Everybody should buy it, and make copies to distribute.
I am going to burn copies and give them out for free when I leaflet.
If there's anybody on this community who doesn't have the pennies to buy it, but wants a copy, tell me and I'll burn it for you and send you one. x
I watched the movie also and it moved me but I think its illegal for u to actually give away copies of movies.I'm not really sure so just be careful lol
I think it's illegal to SELL them, or charge money for people to see it. I wouldn't make money from them.
Years ago I gave away copies of Meet Your Meat at a tabling event.
From what I've been told, the people who make expose films like these (Meet Your Meat, Zeitgeist etc) tend to encourage people to freely copy and distribute the material, as the message is more important than the profit made from the film. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe it is illegal, perhaps I will do it without leafletting so that I don't implicate Animals Australia. I'll check that out. Regardless I will distribute it.
ReplyQuote

Cj Cj NSW Posts: 378
4 4 Feb 2010
Honeygoon said:
Azzmilan said:
Honeygoon said:
I am going to burn copies and give them out for free when I leaflet.
I watched the movie also and it moved me but I think its illegal for u to actually give away copies of movies.I'm not really sure so just be careful lol
I think it's illegal to SELL them, or charge money for people to see it. I wouldn't make money from them.
From what I've been told, the people who make expose films like these (Meet Your Meat, Zeitgeist etc) tend to encourage people to freely copy and distribute the material, as the message is more important than the profit made from the film. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Maybe it is illegal, perhaps I will do it without leafletting so that I don't implicate Animals Australia. I'll check that out. Regardless I will distribute it.
Haha make sure you dont shout this out to the world otherwise it will be seen as a crime
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
5 4 Feb 2010
Honeygoon said:
Azzmilan said:

They provide it to watch for free on their website, so I'm sure they have no qualms with you copying it and distributing it. Also, isn't it a not-for-profit documentary? That was the impression I got. Either way, I'm 99% sure they actually want people to get it out there, even if it means copying it.
Earthlings is amazing. (: It opened up my mind to an almost whole new way of thinking. I was already vegan when I saw it, but the message it gave, completely strengthened my dedication. So good!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
6 4 Feb 2010
Maybe email the company who produced the docu and ask if you can burn some copies and hand out? That way you have your butt covered happy
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
7 8 May 2011
My boyfriend and I both watched this last night.

My boyfriend is a meat eater, with the understanding of how I look at vegetarianism.
I am a "vegetarian in training", who is trying to convert in a family full of meat eaters.

My boyfriend and I, because we live in families who are meat eaters, we have decided that when we see each other on Saturdays, we will be vegetarians. So we are going and learning to cook and make our own meals. It's a big step for him, but yesterday, I was extremely proud, that he came over, with a Wok In A Box meal, that he usually gets with meat and he substituted it for tofu. And I didn't even have to ask.

Watching this movie left both of us in tears.
However, the movie has made me extremely uncomfortable, to the point where both of us were laying down last night after the movie and we couldn't get comfortable and I had a shocking night's sleep.

Even today, my mind will go back to the movie and all I see is certain images repeating in my head. I knew about these things before, but seeing them like this makes me scared and extremely depressed, that as I go about my daily life, there are souls treated as objects and disrespected.

How do you deal with seeing these kinds of things?
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au