Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Thank you God, for my mother and her vegan parma

1 - 10 of 14 posts   1 | 2  

Jessica Pez Jessica Pez VIC Posts: 5
1 14 Mar 2010
Mum made this for me, literally off the top of her head.

I bought some Sanitarium 'Vegie Delights Not Burgers' and a pack of Tofutti 'Cheese' lying around that I had no idea what to do with.

Luckily for me, my mother is a clever woman, and before I knew it, she whipped out a can of chopped tomatoes and tomato paste.
She spread the paste on the Not Burger, followed by the chopped tomatoes, and then put a slice of the lovely Tofutti 'Cheese' on top.
She put it in the oven as instructed on the packet, and voila, it was done.

I also tried using it on the Vegie Delights 'Schnitzel' as well, it worked better on those I think.

It's cheap, easy to make, and verrrrrrrrry yummy.

From my mother, to you happy
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 14 Mar 2010
I used to make mine very similar!, only I used tomato paste, minced garlic, and slices of tomato, then coated it with cheese. It's such a simple/tasty meal!
ReplyQuote

Jessica Pez Jessica Pez VIC Posts: 5
3 14 Mar 2010
Yummmmmm! Garlic is my weakness.... minus the breath that stinks afterwards, it wards off colds... 'nuff said.

I'm gonna try that tomorrow, methinks happy
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 14 Mar 2010
Ya know... I never thought of doing that LOL! Next time I want a simple meal I shall try this.
ReplyQuote

5 14 Mar 2010
Sanitariums snitzel isn't vegan, just incase anyone didn't know that.
But I'm pretty sure fry's makes a snitzel

And I use WAY too much garlic in all my cooking, haha. But oddly enough I never smell of it..
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
6 14 Mar 2010
I love doing this.  You can parma-ise stacks of roast veges as well.

xMISSMONSTERx said:
They do, and it's vegan, and it' totally delicious!
ReplyQuote

7 14 Mar 2010
EJay said:
I love doing this.  You can parma-ise stacks of roast veges as well.

xMISSMONSTERx said:
They do, and it's vegan, and it' totally delicious!
I'm a bit skeptical after trying frys sausage rolls and feeling sick from the overproccessed taste. If you can promise they actually taste delicious, I'll give it a try!
ReplyQuote

Ellim Ellim United Kingdom Posts: 480
8 14 Mar 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
I'm a bit skeptical after trying frys sausage rolls and feeling sick from the overproccessed taste. If you can promise they actually taste delicious, I'll give it a try!
I love them!  I also love Frys nuggets and their Shepard's Pie (it's my 'I can't be bothered to cook tonight, shove it in the microwave dinner).  I haven't had any of their other stuff, but all three of these products are amazing.

I think I might steer clear of the sausage rolls though!
ReplyQuote

9 14 Mar 2010
EJay said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:
I love them!  I also love Frys nuggets and their Shepard's Pie (it's my 'I can't be bothered to cook tonight, shove it in the microwave dinner).  I haven't had any of their other stuff, but all three of these products are amazing.

Unfortunately I can't afford the luxury of an expensive 'throw it in the microwave dinner. I make my shepards pie with a million grated vegetables, refried beans, and then mash potato on the top. I think it's pretty simple!
But yeah, the sausage rolls = sickening. It's easy enough to make them youself too!

But I'll give the snitzels a try then!
ReplyQuote

krystaljadexvx krystaljadexvx QLD Posts: 259
10 16 Mar 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
EJay said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:

Unfortunately I can't afford the luxury of an expensive 'throw it in the microwave dinner. I make my shepards pie with a million grated vegetables, refried beans, and then mash potato on the top. I think it's pretty simple!
But yeah, the sausage rolls = sickening. It's easy enough to make them youself too!

But I'll give the snitzels a try then!
i think the schnitzel is delicious. so does my boyfriend. i usually just have it with mash and vegies or something. frys does the best stuff i think, i love their nuggets too. my boyfriend and i cut them up into little strips and put them in the middle of sushi with avocado and mayo love yummmm
my woolworths has just recently got in the chicken strips too. theyr'e pretty good we had them on a wrap yesterday love i adore frys.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au