Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Big Top Animals

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Bring Jess the Horizon Bring Jess the Horizon WA Posts: 60
1 21 Mar 2010
http://bigtopanimals.webs.com/

Anyone seen this website?
They reacted to one of my twitter posts about the petition to free Saigon, saying that Animals Australia lied about the Perry Bros taking her on another set of tours.

"Big Top Animals is an independent website aimed at setting the record straight about animal circuses.

These circuses are often the target of so-called animal liberationists who premise their campaigns on nothing but ignorance and sensationalist propaganda...

This site encourages circus lovers to express their support and no longer be silenced by a vocal minority...

The animals themselves are treated like family members and the RSPCA and their puppets would be wise to spend their time tackling more prevalent cases of cruelty in the community."

"Without animals, it's just not a circus, it's a street theatre. It's like having a cricket match with no bat or ball" - Robert Perry

Yeah, righto. Cirque du Soleil anyone?
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
2 21 Mar 2010
Bring Jess the Horizon said:
"Without animals, it's just not a circus, it's a street theatre. It's like having a cricket match with no bat or ball" - Robert Perry

Yeah, righto. Cirque du Soleil anyone?
haha, exactly!

arghhhh, idiots.
ReplyQuote

Karen Karen United States Posts: 1012
3 21 Mar 2010
Unleashed Admin
I saw Circus Oz last week in Adelaide. No animals, just reeeally good willing human performers! They were incredible!! happy I think it's a sad admission on their part that the don't think they have the goods to put on a real show without having to exploit animals.
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
4 21 Mar 2010
Oh wow! I'd like to say I'm surprised this kind of thing exists... but...
We're the ignorant ones? Really? I can kind of see where they're coming from, but I have to wonder whether they've really thought about it in the interests of Saigon.
Saw Saigon while driving down Canterbury road today... Hurts my heart...
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
5 21 Mar 2010
What's wrong with just having human performers? it would still be a damn circus!

Animals shouldn't be carted around as often as circus' move. And if the circus owners treated them like family, they wouldn't subject them to it.
I moved across the country and felt bad enough moving my cat with me. I wouldn't drag her absolutely everywhere with me, especially when there's somewhere she could be staying.

If you read the perry bros website, it also says that they dont' use saigon for performing anymore, that moving her around is just costing them alot of money. I honestly don't see why they would subject their pet to this, ESPECIALLY if they claim they make no money from it. If they really cared for her, they would do what was in her best interests. Moving her from city to city IS NOT in her best interests.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au