Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

i cried when i saw this

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

Mimziiii Mimziiii VIC Posts: 105
1 18 Apr 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20W_R-wWFA8#

this made me cry and so angry, jamie oliver made it sound like the animals people eat have good lives before they die and then die in a totaly painless way, and then people where clapping for him?, HE JUST KILLED A CHICKEN WHY WOULD YOU CLAP
if i ever meet jamie oliver i will electrocute him then shove a knife down his throat, my excuse: sorry im a cannable chef, if im going to eat you  i might as well kill you
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 18 Apr 2010
I'm so conflicted about Jamie, he does some absolutely fantastic things like the food revolution show he's recently done. Watching it, he's an incredibly genuine person and you can tell his heart is really in it. But i don't like the way he recommends free range etc :S It's a real shame, he could be a fantastic influence if he recommended people cut down on meat rather than buying slightly less cruelly produced meat sad
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
3 18 Apr 2010
I remember watching this, it was on TV a while ago I think.
I don't know how anyone could sit through that, see what happens and then eat the stuff. (then again some people just don't care).
I don't know what to think. :/ , I just know I hated watching it, So horrible & sad. but then again the truth is out there?
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
4 18 Apr 2010
Yeh, but beggars can't be choosers. Any mor info out there, is info that wasn't out there before.

I have a lot more faith in people too, than it seems Jamie does. I think if people are witness to such cruelty, or they see a pig get its throat slit, they won't really want to eat a pig again. Because it's just too sad, and just too unfair.

However, saying that, while I want people to go vegetarian, I definitely want to see reform in the way industry and State treats animals while we conv ert the 60% of the population required to make meat illegal. happy
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
5 20 Apr 2010
i support him because one of my things is, if you can't willingly kill the animal you eat yourself why would you eat it? Like people are all for buying meat in pretty packages but they can't handle the idea of killing the animal themselves, which is what pisses me off. See i can't handle the idea of killing animals, besieds seafood so i don't eat any of those animals. I can kill a fish, clean it etc etc and im ok with that, even though i still dont like the idea of eating  living things, i have to deal with it until i can con mum into letting me be full vego. And even though free range is a crock, it is a wincy bit better than the full on factory farmed animals, id prefer them to eat free-range vs factory farmed, so i agree with that too. Jamie is such an inspirational person, i respect him for his choices because he is making informed choices. oh btw his aubergine parmigana (vegetarian not vegan) is DELICIOUS i heart it any vegetarians should totally try it out happy
ReplyQuote

6 20 Apr 2010
4_da_animals1 said:
i support him because one of my things is, if you can't willingly kill the animal you eat yourself why would you eat it? Like people are all for buying meat in pretty packages but they can't handle the idea of killing the animal themselves, which is what pisses me off. See i can't handle the idea of killing animals, besieds seafood so i don't eat any of those animals. I can kill a fish, clean it etc etc and im ok with that, even though i still dont like the idea of eating  living things, i have to deal with it until i can con mum into letting me be full vego. And even though free range is a crock, it is a wincy bit better than the full on factory farmed animals, id prefer them to eat free-range vs factory farmed, so i agree with that too. Jamie is such an inspirational person, i respect him for his choices because he is making informed choices. oh btw his aubergine parmigana (vegetarian not vegan) is DELICIOUS i heart it any vegetarians should totally try it out happy
he can accept what hes eating as an animal and not just a red blob, but doese that make him better than other omnis, cause when i was an omni i only liked meat that didnt look anything like an animal because then i could think of it as just food, but i would never kill an animal, and never wanted to see an animal get hurt and when i did i turned veg but jamie can kill an animal himself, cook it, eat it and feel fine about it, so hes not fixing the problem at all, hes just acepting there is one but not caring about it or trying to make a difference.

he's also a twat
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
7 20 Apr 2010
any fish can feelpain
its shown almost as much as your dog
ReplyQuote

8 20 Apr 2010
jack said:
any fish can feelpain
its shown almost as much as your dog
why do dogs smell so bad, no other animals smells, just dogs, i dont get it. my chickens had dandruff, but they didnt smell.
ReplyQuote

tarkine tarkine Iran Posts: 296
10 21 Apr 2010
Azzmilan said:
Some people ask me why dont I buy cruetly free, I say I dont believe any lifes worth more than another.
Anything produced by killing or exploiting an animal to satisfy human desires is not 'cruelty free', no matter how good the marketing and packaging - it is simply not possible to live a cruelty free life without becoming vegan. It's hard enough avoiding cruelty even for vegans, and none of us are perfect... There is such a thing as 'less cruel', and I think it's a good thing that Jamie and others in the animal welfare movement promote this... there's always hope that some people in the audience will run with the idea and try going vegan. At the very least, they might eat just a little bit less meat, resulting in a few less animals being slaughtered or tortured. As a vegan who believes passionately in animal rights at a personal level, I still support people like Jamie who are using their 'mainstream appeal' to reduce animal suffering - even if we would ideally like to see full respect for animals, it's a good thing if people become just a little bit more mindful about the tragedy on their dinner plate and avoid the worst manifestations of cruelty, such as foie gras, veal, intensive livestock farming (eg. chickens, pigs)
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au