Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Quick, lazy recipes?

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

elelovespanic elelovespanic VIC Posts: 6
1 2 May 2010
I've been a partial vegetarian for a couple of years now (eating veg when I have the choice, eg going out for dinner etc.) but now I'm trying to bring it home.
I have a packed schedule with my school, tafe and extra subjects, music lessons, choir practise and rehearsals for various things, and I was wondering if anyone had some quick, easy recipes that I can use when I'm feeling lazy after a long day?
Thanks! happy
x
ReplyQuote

Mimziiii Mimziiii VIC Posts: 105
2 2 May 2010
mi goreng noodles
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
3 2 May 2010
Mimziiii said:
mi goreng noodles
Just found out these aren't veg friendly at all. The flavour enhancer 631 is derived from either meat or sardines and flavour enhancer 627 is derived from either sardines or yeast extract.

I use Maggi Oriental noodles, but if that's not vegan please someone let me know!!!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 2 May 2010
- 2 minute noodles
- Fresh noodles (ie Wokka, Fantastic)
- Pasta, gnocchi
- 90 sec microwavable rice. Tilda has yummy flavours such as coconut/chilli and lime/coriander. Also the plain brown rice goes well stews/curries.
- Any mock meat such as Fry's patties/schnitzels/cottage pie/snags, Sanitarium soy snags/patties, Soyco Thai or Satay tofu, Blue Lotus Sweet chilli tofu cubes
- Burrito/Taco/Nachos

I love stews, curries and stirfrys... and they're so quick and easy to make! I just make sure I have the staples such as 90sec rice, tinned lentils/chickpeas, tinned diced tomatoes, tinned coconut, pre-cooked tofu or mockmeat, frozen veggies and use whatever curry/sauce you want.
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
5 2 May 2010
I love 90 second rice too! I just have some of that and chuck in lots of fresh veggie and mushrooms and usually have it with some bread to for some carbohydrates.
ReplyQuote

The Almighty Heatherzilla The Almighty Heatherzilla VIC Posts: 70
6 2 May 2010
I tend to cook things on the weekend and freeze them so they're ready when I'm feeling lazy. Cooking after a long day at TAFE is way too much effot sometimes, but if I don't have something ready in the freezer, I usually make something really easy like stirfry. Just chop up whatever veggies are handy and stick them in a frypan/wok with a little sauce(soy and black ben sauces are goooood) and some stirfry noodles if I have any lying around. Usually only takes 10 minutes and is seriously yummy. And I usually have leftovers so I don't have to make lunch the next day. =]
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
7 2 May 2010
I dont know how anyone can like those mi goreng packet noodles, they're so oily and shit anyway.

Gnocci

Boil gnocci
fry up some onion garlic and mushroom, then add a tin of diced tomatoes, add herbs if you wish, when reduced throw in some spinach leaves and let wilt.

Add gnocci to sauce, enjoy!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
8 2 May 2010
ckimana said:
Mimziiii said:
mi goreng noodles
Just found out these aren't veg friendly at all. The flavour enhancer 631 is derived from either meat or sardines and flavour enhancer 627 is derived from either sardines or yeast extract.

I use Maggi Oriental noodles, but if that's not vegan please someone let me know!!!
If I'm feeling lazy I make up my own 2 minute noodle mix by using the noodles and adding a tablespoon of vegetable stock to it, and a few frozen diced vegetables. Tastes delish!
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
9 2 May 2010
xMISSMONSTERx said:
I dont know how anyone can like those mi goreng packet noodles, they're so oily and shit anyway.

Gnocci

Boil gnocci
fry up some onion garlic and mushroom, then add a tin of diced tomatoes, add herbs if you wish, when reduced throw in some spinach leaves and let wilt.

Add gnocci to sauce, enjoy!
Omg that sounds really yum! I might try that.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
10 2 May 2010
Pasta Aglio e Olio happy

Go here --> http://omgvegan.blogspot.com/2010/05/pasta-algio-e-olio.html

(my new blog)
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au