Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Have you seen EARTHLINGS?

81 - 90 of 355 posts   6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12  

kristina kristina Croatia (Hrvatska) Posts: 1
81 13 Aug 2010
I think everyone should wach that movie !
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
82 13 Aug 2010
I got a friend of mine [who loves animals but isn't allowed to go vegetarian, she plans on it when she leaves home] to watch this. Five minutes in and she was holding back tears and telling me to turn it off. It hadn't even got to the really nasty bits yet. =) I think everyone should watch this film. I want to buy a copy of it, but y'know... PARENTS forbid it.

...I can't wait to move out of home.
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
84 16 Aug 2010
I don't think I could ever watch it, I haven't seen the trailer, but from what I hear on this website, I don't think I'm brave enough to watch it. I still have images flashing in my mind of animal cruelty, I don't know if I could handle any more horrible thoughts enter my mind =(
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
85 16 Aug 2010
You know, i've never watched the entire thing. I want to though, and I tell others about it.
ReplyQuote

Leighbunny Leighbunny VIC Posts: 174
86 29 Aug 2010
I give out the dvd and share it on my facebook page regularly. Some people say it's horrible, can't watch it, but still continue to eat meat. Very frustrating.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
87 29 Aug 2010
sarahbentvelzen said:
I don't think I could ever watch it, I haven't seen the trailer, but from what I hear on this website, I don't think I'm brave enough to watch it. I still have images flashing in my mind of animal cruelty, I don't know if I could handle any more horrible thoughts enter my mind =(
i agree - i couldn't bring myself to watch it.
ReplyQuote

rocketshipnicole rocketshipnicole SA Posts: 1
88 1 Sep 2010
oh my god. i've never cried so much during a movie. ): it is an amazing documentary and i've already dared people to watch it. i hope it changes more people to become vegan.
ReplyQuote

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
89 4 Sep 2010
I watched it today and cried a fair bit... posted it on my facebook and got some lovely comments like "makes me want to eat a steak" "oh thats awful..but its in AMERICA though "
Even one of my friends was like "dont believe everything you see in those docos"
wtf...so..the intese cruelty im seeing is made up?

i dont think so sad

I wish everyone would watch it.
ReplyQuote

wild child2 wild child2 QLD Posts: 2638
90 6 Sep 2010
I bought it from the ALV site and watched it on Thursday night.

I was a bit dissapointed actually.

Especially in the beginning how they showed dairy cows 'chained up all day long'

This isn't regular practice in Australia and I just knew if I tried to show any of my omni friends they would see this immediately and argue 'Its only in America' and become skeptic about the whole movie from this point.

They always tell me 'Majority of farms are humane & of course there are a few that are not'
So they would just make out this movie is a montage of the worst possible farms they could find in the world.

It's a great movie for people who have already informed themselves a little on animal cruelty but not so sure about my skeptic omnivores friends. I will try and get them to watch it and see how I go.

I wish they had of shown more about the calves being taken from their mothers etc that is more thought provoking I feel in relation to consuming Dairy.
ReplyQuote

[ 6 ]  [ 7 ]  [ 8 ]  [ 9 ]  [ 10 ]  [ 11 ]  [ 12 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au