Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegetarian and Vegan survey - Help please! :)

31 - 40 of 42 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

JessicaSmile JessicaSmile WA Posts: 27
31 21 May 2010
Q1) Are you a vegetarian or vegan?  Yes / No
Yes, Vegan

Q2) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan for?
Just over 6 Months.

Q3) Please number from 1 to 5 the things that led to you becoming a vegetarian/vegan (5 being the strongest reason).
3__ Animal rights
5__ Better health        
2__ Environment
1__ Food security        
4__ Curiosity

Q4) Hypothetically speaking, which of these would most encourage you to return to a diet containing meat? Please number from 1 to 5 (with 5 being the strongest reason).
5__ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
4__ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
2__ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
3__ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
1__ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

Q5) What is your opinion of the advertisements used by Australian Meat and Livestock producers? Have these advertisements had any effect on your lifestyle?
No They don't have an effect on my lifestyle and They Don't make me want to eat meat again considering alot of what the advertise is bullshizz.

Q6) ‘Humans were born to eat meat’. Why do you believe that this statement is believed true by so many Australians?
it's what were told through out life and the media doesn't help advertising 'delicious' meat and how tasty it is but not showing the conditions and slaughter of the animals.
ReplyQuote

Tofu Ninja Tofu Ninja NSW Posts: 165
32 22 May 2010
Q1) Are you a vegetarian or vegan?  Yes (vegan)

Q2) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan for? Vegetarian since the start of 2004 (6 years) , Vegan for about 1 year.

Q3) Please number from 1 to 5 the things that led to you becoming a vegetarian/vegan (5 being the strongest reason).
_5_ Animal rights
_3_ Better health        
_4_ Environment
_1_ Food security        
_2_ Other (please specify) - A bit lame, but there was a girl I really respected who was a vegetarian. So I guess "other" would relate to gaining respect..?

Q4) Hypothetically speaking, which of these would most encourage you to return to a diet containing meat? Please number from 1 to 5 (with 5 being the strongest reason).
_5_ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
_1_ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
_4_ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
_3_ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
_2_ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat
__ Other (please specify)

***That question was hard to answer, "benefits of a diet containing meat" - ?? wink
Regardless of improved animal welfare, etc I would NEVER willingly consume meat or animal products again. Once you have found out the truth about the way animals are raised/used there would be no way to could go back to eating them, their babies, or their byproducts.
It would be similar to eating a mercury filled thermometer, after gaining the knowledge about how poisonous mercury is. (Bad analogy, yes.... haha)

Q5) What is your opinion of the advertisements used by Australian Meat and Livestock producers? Have these advertisements had any effect on your lifestyle?
I utterly despise them. They all seem quite aggressive. That Sam Kekovich one, he just yells at the camera. The "eat red meat" Sam Neill one, paints a picture that if you don't eat red meat you wont have a developed brain and therefore be some kind of ignoramus. "If you don't eat chicken there's something wrong with you"... Seriously, how could they get away with that slogan? If an earth-friendly group were to put an ad out stating something like "YOU are the cause of this death" and flash to a starving child, that ad would last 0.000005 seconds on the air.
The effect on my lifestyle - None really, but I do find them an easy way to ridicule the meat industry when needed.

Q6) ‘Humans were born to eat meat’. Why do you believe that this statement is believed true by so many Australians?
Advertising!
There is lots of money to be made by people in the meat industry. Therefore they can afford to advertise (aka brainwash).
Hypothetically, even if humans were meant to eat meat... Eating meat is extremely bad for the environment (well, the way meat is 'made' is bad for the environment). Regardless of what our teeth or bowels look like, eating meat is bad for the environment, there is no arguing that point.

Could you let us know how you go? I would be very interested to see your results! Good luck in your HSC!

ninja
ReplyQuote

Ancksu Ancksu SA Posts: 190
33 23 May 2010
You won't gain a lot of sound response from my doing this quiz, but I do hope you consider it... If not, it was a bit of fun =)
Peace.

I'm unbiased.

Irrelevant.

Q3) Please number from 1 to 5 the things that led to you becoming a vegetarian/vegan.
    I thought about this question and the answers that you gave... It didn't make sense to categorize...
* Animal rights: A noble thought, but so contradicted.
* Better health: Silly to assume because your health can be just as focused with or without an animal-related intake. Not to mention the genetically modified, chemically saturated vegetables, etc.
* Environment: This I found probably the better of the choices. There is such a loop involving humans, animals and the environment, which has gone so much deeper than general torture, neglect and mistreatment...
* Food security: By this, if you meant; were you guilted in to your diet decision? Then I would assume that a fair majority of people were. Not meant in a way of judgement, just meaning that you were influenced by some source or another and that you decided to act apon your own moral conflicts in a way that made sense to you.          
* Other (please specify): Taste? Ignorance? Pride? Upbringing? Your friends were doing it?
The list of possibilities is endless.

Q4) Hypothetically speaking, which of these would most encourage you to return to a diet containing meat? Please number from 1 to 5.
*Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
*Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
*Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
*Accountability of meat industry for its actions
*Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat
*Other (please specify)

If I were strict to my choices in life, then almost nothing would be able to distort my perspective. But if I was willing to learn, to grow, to adapt or even accept, then pretty much everything sounds like a good idea. And i'm talking more than meat...  

My opinion is negligible. And no.

Humans were born to eat. Meat just became a staple over history and time because of the circumstances. Humans are (generally speaking) very simple, predictable creatures of habit. Some more predominantly than others, but all just the same.
We can't help it. We don't know any better... or worse...

Good luck girl. I'd be interested to read your report once you've finished. I've no doubt you'll do well.
ReplyQuote

Bonnie Bonnie VIC Posts: 5
34 23 May 2010
You should share your report afterward, if you like (: I'd love to read it. I'm just going to do this for fun, if you don't mind.

Yes.

About 2 weeks. I'm still fresh.

5 Animal rights
2 Better health        
4 Environment
3 Food security        
1 Other (please specify)

5 Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
4 Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
2 Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
3 Accountability of meat industry for its actions
1 Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

I haven't really encountered many but I don't agree with the ones that I have. It seems to me that they really sweeten them up with lies and don't show the truthful conditions in which the animals live.

Perhaps religion, or belief in the food chain.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
35 23 May 2010
I keep looking at this and saying I will do it... so now that I have a moment I shall happy

Q1) Are you a vegetarian or vegan?  Vegan

Q2) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan for? Vegetarian 1st Jan 2009, Vegan 15th May 2009.

3__ Animal rights
1__ Better health        
4__ Environment
5__ Food security        
2__ Other (please specify) - religion --> becoming a believer in Buddhism

__ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
__ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
__ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
__ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
__ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat
5__ Other (please specify)--- nothing. Animals are not ours do with what we want, they are their own beings. Consuming them - regardless of how humane the practice came - is taking their life just so we aren't hungry.

Which advertisements exactly? The ones with Sam parading around saying "it's what we're meant to eat". I ignore them completely.  

It's how we are raised. How often is the first solid meal eaten by a child a chunk of meat? And if you are raised by omni parents, they were no doubt told the same thing as a child. It's a vicious cycle that now stops with us.
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
36 24 May 2010
Vegetarian

Since February.

5__ Animal rights
4__ Better health        
3__ Environment
1__ Food security        
2__ Curiosity

5__ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
3__ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
4__ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
2__ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
1__ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

They have no effect on my lifestyle, aside from being a mild irritation. What a load of crap.

Because that is what was drilled into our brains from the day we were born. It's become a part of a social values even though science proves it to be false time and time again.
ReplyQuote

Elese Elese VIC Posts: 17
37 25 May 2010
Yes

6 and a half years

1 Animal rights
3 Better health        
2 Environment
4Food security        
5 Other (please specify)

1Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
4 Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
3 Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
2 Accountability of meat industry for its actions
5 Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

Not at all. I think once someone has the proper knowledge and, hypotheticaly speaking, see's slaughterhouses as if they have glass walls, advertisements will no affect what we purchase

Because maybe some people are ignorant and don't want to face the truth about what their money is doing to animals, or that they were raised that way!
ReplyQuote

Metal Vyxen Metal Vyxen SA Posts: 29
38 25 May 2010
Q1) Are you a vegetarian or vegan?  Yes

Q2) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan for? 5 years

1 - Animal rights
4 - Better health        
2 - Environment
5 - Food security        
3 - Other (please specify) - Don't like the idea of eatting flesh and blood sad

2 - Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
3 - Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
4 - Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
5 - Accountability of meat industry for its actions
1 - Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

Apart from the fact they are a load of bull poop they have not affected my lifestyle just made me angry !!

Because like most countries they have been brainwashed !
ReplyQuote

Peterabbid Peterabbid VIC Posts: 9
39 27 May 2010
yes

just over a year

5 Animal rights
2 Better health
3Environment
1Food security
4Other (please specify)  the idea of eating flesh disgusts me

Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
 Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly  managed, etc).        
 Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
 Accountability of meat industry for its actions
 Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat
5 Other (please specify)  - I couldn't ever be encouraged to eat meat again

They're just trying to make more money. They're so full of lies and deception to persuade people to buy their product, ignoring anything that might put people off. I will never buy into their cruelty.

Because that's what we're taught from birth (unless you're raised by vegetarians/vegan). 'Meat is good, it's good for you.. It's here and we can take it'.  We're not informed of the cruelty and suffering until we seek the information out ourselves.

Great assignment idea ecstatic  Goodluck with it.
ReplyQuote

Zora Zora NSW Posts: 94
40 27 May 2010
Q1) Yes, Vegetarian (or Vege)

Q2) Since i was 3

Q3)
_4_ Animal rights
_1_ Better health        
_3_ Environment
_2_ Food security        
_5_ Other (please specify) I was 3 and my sister told me and i could not touch a piece of meat after that

Q4)
_4_ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
_2_ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
_5_ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
_3_ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
_1_ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

Q5) No

Q6) Because they hear it alot and they all use to that reason. Maybe because our ancestors hunted??? I don't know....

paw
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au