Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegetarian and Vegan survey - Help please! :)

41 - 42 of 42 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
41 27 May 2010
Q1) Are you a vegetarian or vegan?  Yes / No
Yepp, vegan ecstatic

Q2) How long have you been a vegetarian/vegan for?
vegan a little over a year, veg for 3 years before that happy

Q3) Please number from 1 to 5 the things that led to you becoming a vegetarian/vegan (5 being the strongest reason).
5__ Animal rights
3__ Better health        
4__ Environment
2__ Food security        
1__ Curiosity

Q4) Hypothetically speaking, which of these would most encourage you to return to a diet containing meat? Please number from 1 to 5 (with 5 being the strongest reason).
__ Improved animal welfare conditions (farms, abattoirs etc).
__ Tougher regulation of meat product quality (eg. Hormone content decreased/strictly managed, etc).        
__ Stronger focus on environmental sustainability/food security
__ Accountability of meat industry for its actions
__ Advertisements containing the benefits of a diet containing meat

*I really want to answer this at least hypothetically but I couldn't do it! sorry :S Even if lab meat finally happens, it just doesn't appeal to me anymore

Q5) What is your opinion of the advertisements used by Australian Meat and Livestock producers? Have these advertisements had any effect on your lifestyle?
I suppose they do have an effect on my lifestyle.. They make me pretty much sick with rage and I guess it motivates me to keep protesting, leafletting, educating etc.

Q6) ‘Humans were born to eat meat’. Why do you believe that this statement is believed true by so many Australians?
The powers of advertising and the mentality most people have these days which is "believe everything you see and hear in the media without question" sad
ReplyQuote

Tanya M Tanya M VIC Posts: 741
42 27 May 2010
Kirrilly said:
The powers of advertising and the mentality most people have these days which is "believe everything you see and hear in the media without question" sad
Yeah, just look at the number of people that freak out after watching Today Tonight or A Current Affair! It's their job to sensationalise.
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au