Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Suggestions for When Mum & Dad Get Maccas

1 - 10 of 17 posts   1 | 2  

kellz kellz VIC Posts: 16
1 3 Jun 2010
i am looking 4 som nice vegan food that i can enjoy when mum and dad eat maccas cause they can not stop eating meat and dairy and the rest of the the jmy fave thing o wellhlate unk especcaily choc
ReplyQuote

kellz kellz VIC Posts: 16
2 3 Jun 2010
i really stuffed up
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
3 3 Jun 2010
Unleashed Admin
kellz said:
i really stuffed up
Yes, I was going to say. I understood the first 2/3, but you lost me at 'the jmy fave thing o wellhlate unk..." wink

You should be able to edit any of your posts for a day after they go live. Or else I can update it if you can translate for me happy
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
4 3 Jun 2010
Unleashed Admin
I'm going to take a stab at answering your question...

If you're looking for takeaway that you can get when your family gets maccas, then you could always grab something from Subway. Their veggie patties are vegan, and quite tasty.

If you're looking for something that you can prepare at home that is similar to maccas, then I'd recommend picking up some Fry's burger patties (they're in a green packet in the freezer section of most Woolies), grab some burger buns and whatever else you want to put on your burger, and away you go. If you want to have a cheese burger, then tofutti cheese slices (also available in some Woolies, usually either in the cheese section or with the tofu) does the job.

This page will help with general vegan shopping tips: http://www.unleashed.org.au/change_the_world/go_veg/shopping_guide.php

I'm guessing that your last comment 'unk especcaily choc' had something to do with wanting to know about vegan chocolates? There are plenty of vegan chocolates, and chocolatey products:
Sweet Williams
Lindt 70% Dark Chocolate
Whittaker's Bittersweet Dark Block
Bonvita's Rice Milk Chocolate
Oreos
So Good Chocolate Ice Cream
Cadbury Drinking Chocolate

You could also try these links for more chocolatey tips:
http://www.unleashed.org.au/blog/2010-03/Best-Cruelty-Free-Easter-Treats-Revealed
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=101
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
5 3 Jun 2010
Oreos are vegan?!?!?!?!?!
Hallelujah. tongue

Also.... damn, dark chocolate is good. happy
ReplyQuote

BobbyCalf BobbyCalf VIC Posts: 30
6 3 Jun 2010
Another tip - there is a dark chocolate spread at Oxfam shops (there is one at Chaddy and another at Knox) that is a MILLION times better than nutella - much more rich and chocolatey

I used to always get a cheeseburger with fries and no meat but I think if you can avoid Maccas it is a better option  - by paying for Maccas you are just putting the money into their pockets which goes to paying for beef farms
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
7 3 Jun 2010
You could always get a maccas garden salad? that is if you are all going there together for dinner.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
8 3 Jun 2010
As everyone else has said...

Also, falafel kebabs!
ReplyQuote

Buttons Buttons VIC Posts: 229
9 3 Jun 2010
There are also Cocolo dark chocolate blocks. They're fair trade, so they are good for people too. They come in flavoured varieties as well. So good!
/unpaid shilling
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
10 3 Jun 2010
ckimana said:
As everyone else has said...

Also, falafel kebabs!
with hommus, mmmmm!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au